Mercedes SLK World banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Proud New Owner - SLK350

3K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Gabus 
#1 ·
Guys, after what seems like a life time but in fact has only been 3 weeks I have this evening picked up my car. SLK350 obsidian with red leather and massive spec.
Have been out in it all night and just got back from a run over the Cat and Fiddle with the top down and the heater up. This car is truely an amazing drive with the top down!

A personal thanks to all the notes of encouragement and help throughout this journey you guys really are the best.

Car has to go back in the dealer tomorrow AM for some issues that they hadn't picked up on namely the quarter lights dont give a tight seal against the main windows, and the squeeking from the roof seperator is back but otherwise the car is mint.

Will post some pictures when I get chance to take a few shots, weather permitting probably over the weekend.

Once again thanks for all your help and encouragement over the last 3 weeks.

#5 ·
There's a TSB on the rear quarter window panels.

#6 ·
Congratulations BTW. :tu:

TSB: Wind Noise and or Water Leak at Door Glass & Quarter Window _ P-72-10-51A _ 22-May-06

Reactions: arosamond
#7 ·
Eddy, Thanks for the infor on the TSB please can you let me know where I can see the info to print off and give to the dealer, and is the TSB the same for UK and US cars?

#8 ·
TSB should be the same. In order to print out the TSB, one has to pay a subscription in AllData. At any rate, give the TSB number to the service advisor and to the technician who'll be doing the work. They should be able to pull it up on their MB computer and the steps, part nos, and work code etc. are spelled out in there, including the torque values for tightenng up the different nuts.

Reactions: arosamond
#12 ·
Car went back to the dealer this AM and when I went to pick it up they wanted to keep it for another day as they hadn't finished the work. Incompensation for the inconvenience I got one of their demonstrators....

An AMG E63!

Reactions: alroumi
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.