Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have finally found my AMG! Bought it privately in the end, and I’m very chuffed! It’s a black 2005, 69K miles, full dealership service history, and condition is near showroom quality.

Additional extras includes sat nav command (old style with small screen), CD multi-changer in glovebox, OEM windshield, heated seats and the air scarf. Unfortunately it doesn’t have the power seats, which is a big negative for me as both me and the missus drives it, and would be nice to have the memory position option. I guess it’s far more effort than it’s worth to upgrade from manual seats to electric?

Also would have like the HK sound system, but to be honest the quality of sound seems fine to me. In the future I will definitely want to install a touch screen unit as I can’t live without my ipod integration in the car, and the small gps screen is looking a little dated. J

I have found 2 problems with it (after I bought it obviously!

1. The passenger door lock wont lock or unlock with the remote, or via the button on the dash. I have to pull the handle from the inside to open it. At first I thought it was in the single driver mode, so reset holding lock/unlock for 6 seconds, but it didn’t help. Drivers side locks/unlocks as it should.
2. The passenger mirror wont electrically adjust, so I guess the motor has gone? Drivers side is fine.

Any tips?

Thanks for all the buying advice from you kind people.

Now just need some sun to enjoy it with the top down, come on England! Stop bloody raining!!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,217 Posts
Congrats! Black is beautiful!

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
1,726 Posts
Hi MikeMac

Welcome to Slk-world , I too have the 2005 55 in Black :biglaugh: , Its a shame about the mirror & door not working but there both on the same side ??? , Hope its a small fix , Yes the weather this year so far is not good for top down motoring but with the roof down in less than 30sec , you can have the roof down even just for 1/2 hour all good :tu: .

Cheers & welcome again

Andy

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
I have finally found my AMG! Bought it privately in the end, and I’m very chuffed! It’s a black 2005, 69K miles, full dealership service history, and condition is near showroom quality.

Additional extras includes sat nav command (old style with small screen), CD multi-changer in glovebox, OEM windshield, heated seats and the air scarf. Unfortunately it doesn’t have the power seats, which is a big negative for me as both me and the missus drives it, and would be nice to have the memory position option. I guess it’s far more effort than it’s worth to upgrade from manual seats to electric?

Also would have like the HK sound system, but to be honest the quality of sound seems fine to me. In the future I will definitely want to install a touch screen unit as I can’t live without my ipod integration in the car, and the small gps screen is looking a little dated. J

I have found 2 problems with it (after I bought it obviously!

1. The passenger door lock wont lock or unlock with the remote, or via the button on the dash. I have to pull the handle from the inside to open it. At first I thought it was in the single driver mode, so reset holding lock/unlock for 6 seconds, but it didn’t help. Drivers side locks/unlocks as it should.
2. The passenger mirror wont electrically adjust, so I guess the motor has gone? Drivers side is fine.

Any tips?

Thanks for all the buying advice from you kind people.

Now just need some sun to enjoy it with the top down, come on England! Stop bloody raining!!

Hey Mike - welcome from London via Houston. It sounds like the passenger door controller or harness is bad. I'd personally try having someone with StarDiag to a "reset/reload to factory" config on the door controller before starting to replace parts.

Good news is that they should also be able to run some diagnostics and hopefully identify what the problem is.

If you search the forum, Pete (frogfoot) had a similar issue after having his battery disconnected for repairs..

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome and congratulations from southern California.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan.... Good luck on resolving the issues with your new ride!!!!

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
Welcome to the forum and an addiction.

I didn't know how special the AMG's truly were until I got mine, even after having a SLK350 ...

Definitely follow John's advice before you order/replace any parts.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,217 Posts
Bhids, fyi, post is almost 2 years old but Mikemac is still with us!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.