Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Righto..... am pretty hooked on the idea of a facelift for my 3.2 170 AMG.
First up will be the grille and the front lights, which are already pretty good as the dip is HID.
I really like the black halo's so those are the kiddies that will be going in, the question is, will my existing HID burners fit into the new kit?
I may HID the lot as I need to scare the living daylights out of the deer, but it would be good to be able to retain the original kit for the dip.
Most of the sellers seem to be abroad, does anyone know of a vendor in the UK?
Look forward to hearing from you all, best wishes from Ric. :D:D:D

·
Premium Member 2014 SLK55 AMG
1,664 Posts
I am upgrading a '02 320 wondering about HID compatibility. Are the non canbus ballasts compatible or are canbus ones required.

Where are you going to source your black halo sets from?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey there Nim.
I used to live in East Sussex .... Where are you?
My burners/ballasts were on the car when I bought it so I can't help you there until I look into the replacements, if necessary. I am going to go through Larkspeed for the halos, if you buy from out of the country, make sure your alignment is for a RHD car.
Ric.:D

·
Premium Member 2014 SLK55 AMG
1,664 Posts
Hey there Nim.
I used to live in East Sussex .... Where are you?
My burners/ballasts were on the car when I bought it so I can't help you there until I look into the replacements, if necessary. I am going to go through Larkspeed for the halos, if you buy from out of the country, make sure your alignment is for a RHD car.
Ric.:D
Sorry I missed your post. i'm in Rotherfield.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I am upgrading a '02 320 wondering about HID compatibility. Are the non canbus ballasts compatible or are canbus ones required.

Where are you going to source your black halo sets from?
As far as I know mine are non-canbus but they also said they were compatible with my car. On the other hand you know the recent problems I have had recently.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.