Mercedes SLK World banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered 2002 SLK230 Kompressor
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Are they RHD Mats? If so do you mins if I ask where your wife got them from? If they were Black and Red I'd buy them from you.

Cheers
Jay
Yes they are RHD. They are from carmats4u but I can’t recommend them, yet. Hopefully they sort the problem but there’s no sign of the promised replacement so far. That could be because of the current worldwide problems of course.

·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #83 (Edited)
Just had a call from my very good friend at the workshop unit. The windscreen man is coming out tomorrow to pull the windscreen. Then Genevieve is off to the paint shop for some rust remediation and paint.

I am hoping the screen comes out unscathed. But if it has to be replaced, so be it. Better to have the rust around the windscreen sorted before it spreads and cracks the screen anyway!

·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Screen removal and paint delayed due to the UK lockdown :( I don’t think I’m going to have my SLK home for my birthday (5th April)

It’s quite sad. But it’s the right decision.

·
Registered 2002 SLK320
2,014 Posts
I clicked LIKE because I agree with you, its a great shame ...............

However, (sadly as usual), if the UK Govt and Idiot Masses had not messed about, simply shut down the Ports and Airports to all incomers, as other Nations did, we would not have as many of the problems we are now all facing ................

Too much UK Govt. "Clone Speak Waffle" without hardly any sensible actions early on, and too many idiot populace bulk buying ;)

There are going to be horrendous consequences here now, both Health and Financially 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭

The upside for me is I will likely finish my V8 SLK a whole lot sooner, and have some quiet roads to go exercise the Beast :)

Chin up everyone, think of all the stuff you can catch up on whilst at home ;) , especially those of you with a Workshop and a heap of goodies for your SLK :D

·
Premium Member 2002 SLK320
627 Posts
Hmmm, should I or shouldn't I? While I agree with what you say (it's the same over here) I'm a tad reluctant to click "Like".

·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #87 (Edited)
Remember my new floor mats.....?

Pepperidge Farms remembers......

No one spotted the problem tho? The passenger mat was missing it's plastic clips!!!

So..... we contacted the seller. No problem they will send out a replacement passenger mat. Good on them.

Replacement took a while to arrive. But in the current climate we can't fault that really.

Opened the replacement passenger mat package excitedly and.....

The replacement doesn't have the plastic clips either. But it does have some ugly-ass metal grommets.

CarMats4U.com - Cannot recommend.... YET!

Guess we will email them back, again, and see what they say.

Anyone need passenger floor mats? I seem to have a collection...........

·
Premium Member 2001 SLK200K/2001 SLK320
1,598 Posts
Oddly .. my believed-to-be-original OE floor mats have no holes at all and are therefore held in place by some weird rug holding clips .. just saying :whistle:

OE's - HERE - (pretty sure a PO has added that central hole) but I canna explain the mounts that are under the mats ..

:unsure:

·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
That’s strange. I’ve got a pair of mat clips on each side. A facelift thing maybe? Or perhaps if you didn’t spec mats from the dealership you didn’t get the mounts when the car was built?

·
Premium Member 2001 SLK200K/2001 SLK320
1,598 Posts
It's one of life's little mysteries 🤔

Found on a German site ..

These are the OE mats in what appears to be a pre-fl, going by the the gear change module and from what I can make out on my minute phone screen :)

Custom wheel from RSW? ..

The same mats that are in my post-fl 200 and I've had it for 15yrs, hence believed to be original postie .. told you that central hole in the flea bay listing had been added :p

I still have no idea why we have the mounting points tho :unsure:

·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Great news!!! The mat clips arrived and they clipped straight in with no drama!!!!!!

As soon as all this virus problem is over and I can go get the car back from the workshop. I can see if the mats fit in her!

·
Registered 2002 SLK320
2,014 Posts
Did you know that working on Cars and going to and from a Vehicle Workshop / Parts Shop is a legitimate reason to go out ;) ;) ;)

81 - 92 of 92 Posts