Mercedes SLK World banner

61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Registered 2002 SLK230 Kompressor
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Replacement sensor ordered from a breaker. Should be here by Wednesday.

I‘m like a kid waiting on Christmas now. Very excited to see if I’ve finally sorted the SRS ;)

This forum is ace, by the way. You guys are a great resource.

·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #67

My mistake was to make an assumption that it was the occupancy sensor. Since they are the usual culprit. But that would have been component B48. Serves me right for making an uneducated guess.

it might just be unplugged or the connector be corroded. But a new one is only £15 so I may as well dig in equipped with the part if I need it.

·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #71 (Edited)
Well.... the passenger side ab sensor is on the way. Time to torture my mind with more research on the coolant level sensor.

The Autel reports it as ‘open circuit’. I managed to google up a schematic. (Can’t wait for my WDS to arrive!)

Coolant level sensor is component S41. But... what’s this..... it’s wired in series with S42? A bit more research and S42 is the washer bottle level sensor. Which lives in the wheel arch. If that connector has failed. Which is likely as it lives in a pretty harsh environment. Then that’s a good guess for where the ‘open circuit’ fault could be hiding!

I wonder why I don’t have a fault light for either on the dash tho?

I guess I’m going digging under the arch liner.

B14 is the ext temp sensor. That’s reporting ‘open circuit’ too. Seems that is wired directly back to the instrument cluster. I’ll have to pull the cluster and continuity check those wires from end to end.

·
Premium Member 2001 SLK200K/2001 SLK320
1,598 Posts
The coolant and washer bottle level sensors share the same warning light. I doubt it but it's an MB and anything's possible so it could even be something as mad as a blown bulb ..

·
Premium Member 2002 SLK320
627 Posts
They don't share the same light. They share the same two wires but different warning lights. Depending on the staus of each sender unit the car knows what's happening. If I ever read the explanation of how it's done, I can't remember it.

·
Premium Member 2001 SLK200K/2001 SLK320
1,598 Posts
They don't share the same light. They share the same two wires but different warning lights. Depending on the staus of each sender unit the car knows what's happening. If I ever read the explanation of how it's done, I can't remember it.
You're quite right m8 🙌

- HERE -

·
Registered 1997 SLK230
217 Posts
I really hope this fixes your SRS problem but I recently had an issue when replacing one of the front crash acceleration sensors on my S211. It may not apply to an R170 but on the S211 the crash sensors can either be made by Bosch or by TEMIC but both sensors MUST be the same make. So when I changed my faulty sensor the SRS light stayed on. Whilst the original fault was now only stored there was a new current fault that the sensors were not from the same manufacturer. SDS spotted this straight away but other diagnostic tools may not.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

61 - 80 of 92 Posts