Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered 2002 SLK32 AMG
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car has been reasonably troublefree except for the following items. Vehicle is a 2002 purchased in August 2001. It has almost 40K miles on it.

1. Brake pedal switch needed to be replaced. It would cause a warning light on the dash to illuminate.
2. The 5A fuse for the intercooler charge system cooler used to blow frequently causing the engine to run improperly. After looking at the size of the wires, I replaced the 5A fuse with a 7.5A fuse. This was about 5 years ago. No more problems have occurred.
3. I did not use the headlight washer system for many years. The wands would pop out but no spray was emitted. Repeated pressing of the switch eventually got it working. I'll remember to use it occasionally from now on. As the wands are lower than the reservoir, I suspect there is some sort of spring loaded valve that pressure must overcome for the squirt to occur. Evidently, the valve was stuck.

·
Registered 2011 SLK300
427 Posts
For a car that is 12 years old, that ain't bad. I would say you got a great car that has been virtually trouble free.

·
Registered
25 Posts
For a car that is 12 years old, that ain't bad. I would say you got a great car that has been virtually trouble free.
No kidding... When I first saw the header, I almost cringed, I though I'd see a virtual laundry list of problems, but not here...

I'm happy this has been a (mostly) pleasant experience for you.

I too have had a relatively trouble free experience, even though I got mine used, a little over 3 years ago. It was an impulse buy, for a car that had high mileage, but otherwise in good condition. And the price was right, so I just bought it as a weekend toy.

Since them I put about 25K miles on it (so much for a weekend driver toy). The little thing is running very strong, and it's been surprisingly trouble free (other than an initial problem with engine mounts).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.