Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had the gearbox reconditioned on my 2000 SLK 230 (which was rather expensive). Since then, I've noticed that, when engaging 1st gear or reverse, there is a bit of a clunk (more of a feeling than a noise), and you really have to have your foot hard on the brake or the car will leap forwards or backwards.

It also appears to do little wheel spins when engaging these gears. I've noticed that, on loose ground, when you stop at a junction, the wheels spin a little as 1st gear is engaged. Sometimes when you slow down to stop in a queue, and 1st gear engages, it feels like it's going to run into the back of the car in front.

I think (although I wouldn't swear to it) that this has less of an effect when everything is warmed up.

I am going to take it back to the garage that reconditioned the gearbox but I'm hoping to go armed with some knowledge. Any ideas? I'd be very grateful.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,372 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider becoming a donating member or make a one-time donation to offset development and operating costs. Even $5 is welcome! Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.