Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys:
About two weeks ago I got a 1998 SLK230 with 51,000 miles. It's in very good condition considering is a 12 year car. I simply love it!!!!
Two days ago I repleced the car batery and the radio asked for CODE. I entered the 5-digit code that appears in the gray-card on the glovebox. Then the radio says WAIT and nothing happends, just says WAIT. I tried to clear this WAIT condition by removing the batery terminals for 5 minutes, the radio still says WAIT. I tried to clear this WAIT condition by removing the two radio fuses (15A both) for 6 hours, the radio still says WAIT.
Can somebody help me on this? :confused:

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,857 Posts
errjunior,

Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

you might also want to post in the 'new members introduce yourself here' section

If you have not, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you have not, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating for security updates and repairs to the site. Any amount is welcome! Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Guys:

Thanks for you help!!!

LEAPYFISH helped me fix the issue, since my owner's manual does not say a word about the radio.

THANKS!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Radio code problem

im having the same problem on my 1998 slk i changed the batt and i entered a 11111 just to see now it keeps on saying wait i have the right code now thrugh dealership but cannot eneter it .. anyway to get around the WAIt please help thank you so much .

·
92,857 Posts
FreeTibet,

Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and year) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information.
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘location’ and ‘vehicle’. And it only takes about 30 seconds to do!

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

vin number and reg will get you the code from dealer. That is all

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response and only once. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message)- capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
New members and guests should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK World Forum

Thank you,
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi jbanks15 thank you for the advice FYI i already got my code thrugh the dealership but my stereo shows WAIT.. how do i get rid of that to show enter code so i can do it the right way any help is appriciated thank you in advance.

·
92,857 Posts
i always recommend disconnecting the battery for 30 miniutes. then reconnect and reset your clock and window travel and try radio

oh and please update your profile with location and vehicle info

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Hi jbanks15 thank you for the advice FYI i already got my code thrugh the dealership but my stereo shows WAIT.. how do i get rid of that to show enter code so i can do it the right way any help is appriciated thank you in advance.
If you enter the wrong code 3 times "WAIT" will appear in the display
you then have to wait 10 minutes to enter the code again, The lockout will only count down if you leave the radio on.

P.S.
all this info is in the owners manual.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you leapyfish i tried leaving my radio on for more than 10 minutes and yet it still shows WAIT.. i don't know what to do i have been driving for weeks with no radio .

JBanks i tried disconnecting for 30 minutes and hooked it back up but still same problem.. i did not follow your instructure completly since i don't see anywhere that shows to adjust clock on my car,id be very appriciative if you can tell me how to reset clock and windows travel after i disconnect the battery thank you both soo much.

·
92,857 Posts
have you an owner's manual? if not we can point you to one.

the clock reset is in there

to set your windows travel, just close the windows, and lean on the up switch for an additional 5 seconds. that is all

r u sure u are entering the correct code? if it is incorrect it says wait after 3 tries

·
Registered
5 Posts
so i entered the code but whn i hit the button underneath the OK button it takes me back to code,i tried pressing all buttons but no luck ... any one helps?

·
92,857 Posts
freetibet,

Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Valrico, Florida!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and year) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information.
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘location’ and ‘vehicle’. And it only takes about 30 seconds to do!

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response and only once. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message)- capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
New members and guests should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK World Forum

Thank you,
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi Guys, I've fitted a new battery to my 1997 230K with its original Merc radio-cassette. I thought re-entering the code would be no problem so didn't bother to retain power to the radio. I have the code and entered it to the 'display' ....... but what do I then press to retain the code? I've pressed the on/off/vol knob in the bottom left corner to no effect since the radio only asks for the code next time I switch-on. Suggestions greatly appreciated.

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Our little fish certainly gets around doesnt he?! :)

Courtesy of Leapyfish:

From the Owners manual
�� Using the buttons on the alpha-numer-
ic keypad, enter the five digit code.
�� Confirm by pressing the OKkey.
If an incorrect code has been entered and
confirmed, CODE will reappear on the dis-
play. The correct code must be entered
once again.
If an incorrect code is entered three times,
WAIT will appear on the display and the ra-
dio will be locked out for about ten min-
utes.

The lock out time will only count down
if the radio is left switched on.

http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/#/servPrtsOwnersManuals/

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi rogerv8, just to add that to

post, the okkey is the key with the dot (.)... At least that was my original problem... Hope this helps...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks guys - my radio/cassette, although MB, is clearly a bit different but I eventually got the code to 'hold' by pressing a small centre-right button marked 'SC' ...... means security code perhaps?? Anyway, all sorted, thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Radio Code on year 2000 SLK-200.
I have an "Audio 10 CD" original unit in my car and when entering the code as per the car user guide (i.e. it says press any one of the up, down, left, right arrows on the left side of the unit once the code has been set) then this should work, but it did not.

I also tried the SC button on the left and this also did not work.

I eventually found a YouTube video showing how to do it. The trick was:
* When the unit flashes "CODE" turn the knob on the right to start the code input, and then turn it until the first number is correct
* Press that knob so that the curser jumps to the next number and do the same, and do this until all five numbers are correct
* Press the knob again so that the curser jumps back to the start
* Press again so that it jumps to the second place
* Now PRESS and HOLD. A single press would move the curser to the third position but pressing and holding at this position seems to be the equivalent of hitting "Enter" or "OK"

Not sure if this works with all units but for mine this was the only thing that worked, and it only took me three days of searchign and trying different options.

Note that I am in Australia, so radio units for this market may be different from US or Europe models, but hope this helps someone

1 - 20 of 20 Posts