Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.
I'm sad to say this is my first introduction post and I have a problem. Quick background. I purchased my first MB SLK 320 last week from a private seller in VA. I live in NC. It's a 01 sport. Decent looking, 103k miles, ran and drove great. Here's comes my problem soon after arriving home the next day on a short drive near the house the CEL came on and the car, while still driveable, has a bad miss. I pulled the codes and they are as follows 301,302,303,304 cly misfires, 300 mulitiple cly misfires and 410 secondary air system. I did a quick search and it looks as if I have a failed coil pack or several. What is a good way starting to diagnose what my issues are and determing which coil packs are bad. Thanks in advance for your help.
Randy

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,266 Posts
Randy,

Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Valrico, Florida!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and year) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information.
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘location’ and ‘vehicle’.

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response and only once. Be patient and a knowledgeable member will address your question.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) - capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread, make a post, click on the ‘paper clip’ or go to ‘advanced’ and then ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’!
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: http://www.slkworld.com/rotm-submissions-voting/

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,266 Posts

·
Premium Member 1998 SLK230
3,524 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a little time before work and did a google search of my codes and issues. Of course it's nothing definite. Looks like it could be a MAF sensor or cat converter. I was hoping for some direction prior to just replacing parts.
Thanks for the link to the manual, although I can't see it yet. Not 5 posts yet. Yhis will make 4.
Randy

·
Premium Member 2002 SLK230K
17,144 Posts
I would start with the simple stuff, replace the plugs, check the connections on the coil's, clean the MAF with MAF cleaner, clear the codes if you hace a code reader and go from there.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not sure what you mean by did I leave the engine running. The misfires started while I was driving the car. I was able to make it home, about 3-4 miles. The misfires have not stopped.
Randy

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update

I have figured out my misfire problem. The cylinders that had the misfire problem had the spark plugs fouled due to coolant in the combustion chamber. This can't be good. I need to try and determine where the coolant is coming from. Head or possibly intake gasket. Maybe someone with technical knowledge of these engines can chime in.
Randy

·
Registered 2002 SLK320
227 Posts
Just wanted to add this to the thread, yes I know it's old, but it is also pretty much all search found for 410 320.

My Check Engine Light came on, no apparent difference in how the car ran. My cheapie Harbour Fright scanner read 410, would not reset.

Was not happy about ordering a EGR valve $80, MAF spray, etc. Yet was still in car repair mode and remembered I had a new temp sensor in the to-do box. Replaced the temp sensor on a whim and the Check Engine Light went away . . . at least for now . . .

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
28,034 Posts
Just wanted to add this to the thread, yes I know it's old, but it is also pretty much all search found for 410 320.

My Check Engine Light came on, no apparent difference in how the car ran. My cheapie Harbour Fright scanner read 410, would not reset.

Was not happy about ordering a EGR valve $80, MAF spray, etc. Yet was still in car repair mode and remembered I had a new temp sensor in the to-do box. Replaced the temp sensor on a whim and the Check Engine Light went away . . . at least for now . . .
Yep, Mercs can be weird this way.

As you know it's an old thread I'll leave the 'posting in...' link out.
Besides, updates are always welcome, however old the thread.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.