Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but it seems straight forward.

Turn key to position 2.
Within 4 seconds press button 1 twice.
The present status for days or distance is displayed. Within 10 seconds turn key in steering lock to position 0.
Press and hold button 1, while turning key in steering lock to position 2 again. The present status for days or distance is displayed once more. Continue to hold button 1. After approximately 10 seconds a signal sounds, and the display shows 10,000 miles for approximately 10 seconds.
Release button 1.

Everything is okay except at the end it never displays 10000 miles. It starts out saying "-730" and after going through the whole procedure it never changes.

I have the doors closed, lights off, radio off, etc. I must be doing something wrong or the code with the wrenches means something else. Any suggestions?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,206 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PLEASE REVISE PROCEDURE

Okay, problem solved. Here's the thing, the first part about within 4 seconds is incorrect. When all else fails read the owners manual, and it says "push button 1 twice within 1 second of turning the ignition switch to position 2". I was doing it within 4 seconds but not within 1 second. Worked just like the manual said it would.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,206 Posts
That site that says 4 seconds is not ours. But I will make a note to try within 1 and not 4 seconds

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.