Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 SLK 230. We never had any problem with the hardtop. However, last week, while the hardtop was down, at the stoplight, we tried to close the hardtop. The roof locked in correctly, however the trunk was still in a halfway open position. Unfortunately the light turned green and i had to move. I drove with a speed of about 15 mph for half a block. I then pulled over and looked at the trunk and it closed all the way. I thought everything was fine until today when I tried to lower the windows (with the two switches for left and right side) and it wouldn't work. I also tried to open the revertible hardtop and the red light was flashing. I checked the trunk and everything was good and nothing was blocking. I read the owners manual and i came across a part that says if you quickly press the retractable hardtop switch in a direction twice, it would lower the windows. This worked, and it brought both windows up ad down. However this is the only way to bring down the windows. I am unable to bring down only one window or use the switches (except by double tapping button to retract the hardtop). I am also still unable to retract the hardtop. The trunk does not open in the way it is supposed to in regards to retracting the hardtop. I am still able to open the trunk in a normal position to put my luggage in it. The hardtop is also stuck and does not budge.

Any help you guys give is greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,318 Posts
Nicholas,

Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and year) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on your location and model and year.
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘vehicle’ and ‘location’.

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Sergeant-at Arms

·
Registered
527 Posts
What happens when you activate the roof switch? Do the windows go down? Do you then hear the motor whirring? Plenty of info on the roof around here, a search might put you on the right track.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.