Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If any remember reading some of my posts, I spoke about the challenges of sharing Beast with my Lady. When I picked-up Beast, I didn't think sharing would be a problem. I drove XK Jags for nearly 40 years and she rarely wanted to get behind the wheel. The sport cars were mine. Yet within a week of having Beast, the car went from mine to ours. She definitely enjoyed driving Beast.

Our second car was a 2010 Ford Explorer. Neither of us were happy driving the Explorer when the other had Beast. But then I espied an opening. She felt Beast was too small for grocery shopping and other tasks, the ride was firmer than she liked, and Beast was low to the ground with the associated challenge in entry and exit. I caught her looking at Mercedes SUVs and began to think......

...Beast is now freed from its Persephone-like existence.

Problem solved.... 0:)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Congrats on the purchase of a beautiful MB SUV!!! Congrats also for freeing Beast and making mama happy!!! A win-win...

·
Super Moderator/Florida Event Coordinator
13,785 Posts
Is that a GLK350? We have one, too!

It's the perfect size SUV! Compliments the SLK!

Congratulations!

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, it is a GLK 350. One year younger and same engine as Beast (IIRC).

My Lady agrees that it is the prefect size. She likes the ride, performance, and the handling. On the latter point, on the ride home from the dealer she took the off-ramp at a higher speed than what was wise. I had to quietly remind her that Beast is a bit lower, a little wider, and has a sport suspension, attributes the GLK doesn't have. She just smiled.

She was planning to take Beast to Nashville this month. I asked if that was still the plan. She once again just smiled and said no.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts