Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
S L K Tech Enthusiast
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Please take this time to get any images that use the Dropbox Public Folder feature fixed."

I was thinking, there must be a way for a vBulletin site administrator or forum moderator to run a query against the site's database or file system that returns a list of all the posts (including member name) containing a linked picture on Dropbox. It could be setup to output this to notify the members, or generate a list suitable for an email campaign. I'm talking about generating very specific individually "mail merged" emails with links to make it super easy for the member to correct, not just a generic "Hey, please take the time and hunt down your posts and fix them."

I'd be happy to help on this if there's interest. Often the pictures are critical to the discussion in retrofits and How-To's. Is a shame for that information to be lost.

Pardon me if this was already done during my extended absence from the site. Or, since I don't use Dropbox I would not have been included in a dedicated notification list.

Happy to help.

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
14,180 Posts
I can't help. Wait for others to respond. It will be read by us :tu:

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG; 2005 SLK350
5,135 Posts
How about having the admins email a list of URLs in a spreadsheet, then have the user add a column for "new URL" and send it back to the admin to update?

·
Administrator
1,016 Posts
Due to certain nations spam laws we don't bulk email unless absolutely necessary. Instead when this happened we posted a notice visible across the board so members would be made aware of the issue.

- JB

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
28,679 Posts
Several mods spent quite a bit of time trying to fix some of the missing shots
(eg photobucket was fixable typically) when this first happened.

We also PM'd several members asking if they had copies they could either post (and we would edit them in),
or they could email us and we would also edit them in.

Not a huge response and it ate up a significant amount of time.

We still jump in and fix what we can, but.... not all are fixable.

A further problem is there are members who are no longer on here and do not respond to email.

Nice to see someone offering a possible solution though. :tu:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts