Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my battery turned 8 years old last week and I get the willies thinking where it will fail without warning.....so I called Mercedes Roadside Assistance and they were at the house in 20 minutes to replace the battery. So $176 later I can drive with that off my mind.

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
94,091 Posts
that is the going rate and after mine failed after 1 year, per the advice on this board (Eddy /Woolly), i bought a trickle charger and charge it weekly

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that is the going rate and after mine failed after 1 year, per the advice on this board (Eddy /Woolly), i bought a trickle charger and charge it weekly
I have not used a trickle charger at all....it's just 8 years for a battery just doesn't seem right. The replacement battery is not the same brand as the original but is sealed with a view glass for the "green" light. The original battery had the cell plugs that can be removed to add water and was made by Varth (sp?). But a four year warranty is nice.

·
94,091 Posts
mercedes batteries are only warranted for 2 years
Woolly's lasted 9 so far I think

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
I have not used a trickle charger at all....it's just 8 years for a battery just doesn't seem right. The replacement battery is not the same brand as the original but is sealed with a view glass for the "green" light. The original battery had the cell plugs that can be removed to add water and was made by Varth (sp?). But a four year warranty is nice.

I too have a Varta car battery with the cell plugs. It also has a window where one can "see" if the battery condition is still good.

·
Long Time Member
3,682 Posts
9 years, 2 months and counting!! - I'm thinking I might change it in spring, just in case - or, should I keep it and go for 10 years?????

you will know when its dying mate its a lot slower to crank over than normal, mine was. in the end it did not have enough power to put the top up :biglaugh: so I guess it will give you at least one warning :tu:.

go for the 10

·
94,091 Posts
go Go GO!!!!

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I too have a Varta car battery with the cell plugs. It also has a window where one can "see" if the battery condition is still good.

My replacement does not say Varta...just says Mercedes Benz. But this one has a four year warranty, not two.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts