Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I get fed up with what I'm finding in Northern Cal, Is it really worth it for - say $1000 to buy the car out of the area like Southern Cal? I found a dealer down there that said he's starting to sell more cars to "northerners" than before and can do what I want to do. I just have to come down there and get the car. And of course the cost to get there (Tickets, gas, etc.)

I guess I could pop on a plane down to SoCal or something and talk them into picking me up, but what happens if the car has issues, the deal goes bad, or they change the terms?

I've seen a couple discussions about buying from eBay and such, so I thought I'd get some war stories from out of area/state purchasers...

-Doug

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
What dealers are you looking at in So Cal.

My opinion would be to drive down on a weekend and check out more than one dealer. Look at it as as a shopping vacation. If you find one you like, finalize the deal (down payment) then fly or drive to pick it up the next weekend (or when ever). That would give you a chance to do proper banking.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right now I'm just talking to Keys, but I don't have any commitment to them. They know where there is one down in the southland. That's about it so far.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.