Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have recently bought a 2003 SLK230 and I would like to change a few parts like the arm controls, bearings, maybe a pulley and the tensioner ... I also need to tune up the roof. It's working very well but it rattles a lot when I drive on uneven surfaces.

Does anybody know a trusted garage in West of GTA? I live in Oakville, ON and anything in Mississauga Oakville or Burlington would be great. I commute daily to Cambridge so I would take that into consideration as well.

Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks a lot,

Konrad

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,588 Posts

·
93,588 Posts

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Hello,

I have recently bought a 2003 SLK230 and I would like to change a few parts like the arm controls, bearings, maybe a pulley and the tensioner ... I also need to tune up the roof. It's working very well but it rattles a lot when I drive on uneven surfaces.

Does anybody know a trusted garage in West of GTA? I live in Oakville, ON and anything in Mississauga Oakville or Burlington would be great. I commute daily to Cambridge so I would take that into consideration as well.

Konrad
Try Oakridge Auto Service Ltd
220 Wyecroft Road Unit 43
Oakville On Tel: 905 338 3131

Mike Fraculj he specelised in MB

·
Registered
905 Posts
Good call...was at the MB dealership today and unfortunately succumbed to the lure of a spotless 2012 SLK 55 AMG...only 13,000kms, looks straight out of the show room fully loaded to the tits...previous owner apparently had it as his 5th car and didn't use it much.. Picking it up Wed....just got to figure out how to pay for it..lol...

Anyway on that little side note I will be leaving details with my previous car re this web site and the need for some new Ontario members and get the sales guy to inform anyone buying an SLK to head over to this site..

Roll on Wed.

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
Congrats Chris!! Fotos, maybe a colour?!?

As for paying for it... Perhaps Ms Wynne has a program? Or you could sell your body to the night, as they say (granted that is likely a long long long payment plan....)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hello,

Konrad

I am in a similar situation and live in Oakville. Starting with other garage, PM me to discuss.. warren

·
93,588 Posts
I am in a similar situation and live in Oakville. Starting with other garage, PM me to discuss.. warren
edelweiss has not been back since Last Activity: 07-22-2015
and you only have 6 posts so cannot reply to private messages anyway
you need 15 posts to do that

If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM. You can always pm a moderator.

·
Registered
44 Posts
edelweiss has not been back since Last Activity: 07-22-2015
and you only have 6 posts so cannot reply to private messages anyway
you need 15 posts to do that

If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM. You can always pm a moderator.
Can't say that I agree with this policy - especially when one is simply trying to assist another member without publicly endorsing one particular supplier.. Seems a very pedantic rule.. W.

·
93,588 Posts
which policy? the private message policy?

That is to keep spammers from private messaging our members.
It works great!

and you can get 8 more posts in about 5 minutes by welcoming new members which is always a friendly thing to do like we welcomed you

·
Super Moderator
11,565 Posts
FWIW: I"ll second Oakridge :tu:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mike and Brad at Oakridge have been servicing our Mercedes fleet for years now. I even purchased a 2010 GL from them which they owned and fixed and it runs perfect for my daily company vehicle.
Would never bring our slk to anyone else either.
Highly recommend Oakridge Auto, they also customize with Kleeman.
m

·
Super Moderator
24,876 Posts
As a new member , a 98 white SLK230, I’d be looking for a service centre EAST end of the GTA, say Scarborough,Markham,Pickering ,Whitby etc ,
Thanks

You can find simple instructions on how to post an introduction here: https://www.slkworld.com/forum-operations-help-center/536577-how-post-introduction-photos-see-post-2-a.html

Please read:https://www.slkworld.com/new-members-introduce-yourself-here/439993-new-wondering-what-do.html

Please post an introduction: This should be your first post.
https://www.slkworld.com/new-members-introduce-yourself-here/

Nothing worse than posting a question and getting several replies about intro'ing and updating.
Delays the answer that you are looking for.

This 'How To' will walk you through the steps. https://www.slkworld.com/forum-operations-help-center/536577-how-post-introduction-photos-see-post-2-a-new-post.html
This 'How To' will walk you through updating details. https://www.slkworld.com/forum-operations-help-center/536643-how-update-details-photo-description.html
Not familiar with forums, or this platform? More 'How To' - https://www.slkworld.com/forum-operations-help-center/536643-how-update-details-photo-description-new-post.html

If you need help, or English is not your first language contact a moderator.

Private Messaging is restricted until you have the required number of posts.

Thank you,

1 - 20 of 20 Posts