Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Here am I, a newby to having my dream car, and a tale of a misadventure.

Last week, a third party (TP) reversed into my passenger side, and there was a heart-lurching sound of crumpling metal :crying:. To cut a long story short, the TP was a decent person and quickly admitted full liability.

My insurance co. could not be handling it better - next week it will away take my beloved SLK to fully restore it, and say they will provide me with an equivalent "prestige" courtesy car. But oh dear, what a thing to happen after having my lovely SLK for just 5 weeks.

I just wanted to get this off my chest as I know you will all understand and share my pain! So thanks for listening, it all helps:smile:. I will post an update once my car is returned ... needless to say I can't wait and so looking forward to having my pride and joy restored to full glory again.

Kind regards x

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,213 Posts
Sorry to hear of your misadventure. But it will be back soon looking great!!

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
I feel your pain. Hang in there.

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,284 Posts
Oh no Adrienne! I'm really sorry to hear that, and I hope you're okay. I'm sure your car will soon be as good as new again!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pride comes ... and then some!

Dear All

Well, I said I would update you re this fiasco. The insurance company, as good as their word, have just taken my beloved away for repair - and ... given me an "equivalent prestige car" (their quote not mine).

Take a look at the attached picture - it's a brand new SLK - the look on our faces was absolutely priceless when it turned up. I'm sure going to enjoy driving this around until mine comes back:smile:

Attachments

·
DAS/STAR Registered Owner
4,018 Posts
..and a ragtop ...

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK 280-sold
3,552 Posts
Glad things are going to be sorted. Interesting to note. When I had my front end painted they told me to wait 30 days before waxing to let the paint cure. It conflicted me to leave it "unprotected" for so long. :). Wonder if they'll tell you the same.

Enjoy your loaner.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi

Thanks for that tip - I will ask about that when my car comes back. I'm taking the loan model out for a spin today; hoping it remains fine and dry!

Adrienne

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts