Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so this is the deal.

I can buy a fully loade SLK 200K R171 Pre facelifted version in the color Black whit low Km. For 30000€

Or

I can buy a fully loade SLK 200K R171 facelifted version in the color Iridium Silver whit low Km. For 38000€ + 3 year garantie.

My question is, is the faceliefted version worth 8000€ extra?
I like the style of the face lifted version. And the Pre facelifted has 20BHP les. I find it a hard decision.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Well I expected to buy a pre-facelifted car, but ended up with a face-lifted one.

There's not much in it. Some of the 8k is the 3-year warranty. As you point out you also get about 12% more power, improved fuel consumption. I was told that the standard 16" rims that we have on our car were an upgrade/option on the previous version. And you get to a nice new car too.

It's not like either car is a bad choice.

If it were me, I think I would chose the new one, unless the black one was in absolutely mint condition.

Cheers!

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
The main difference to me is the updated COMAND that may make me prefer the facelifted. The body style isn't as important.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Well I wouldn´t doubt a bit an go for the facelifted version, the motor is better, lower fuel consumption and I find the line more appealing than the first series.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Found a 2008 slk for sale at 32500€. Would you buy it at this price? Could I get 2500€ off from the price?

It has airscarf, heated seats and the sport pack. It has 9000Km and its a SLK 200 k
I don't know how it works in Europe, but in the U.S. the car in the picture is not a sports package.

However, the color is beautiful!!!!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't know how it works in Europe, but in the U.S. the car in the picture is not a sports package.

However, the color is beautiful!!!!
this is the sportpack in europe. You all so can get AMG styling pack maybe thats what you mean whit the sport pack in the U.S?

Thanks for you reaction

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here in europe it's a option, and its one I realy like. It let's it look like it's a SLK 722 ( it dusn't exist)
but a SLR 722 dus exist shares e lil of the desgin of the slk whit sport pack. judge for you yourself (klik on the image's to make them larger, so you can get a better look)

Attachments

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
What do you mean whit your post? I don't get it.
He's talking about the triangular shape below the front license plate. To some it looks like a missing tooth, while others like the look.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
this is the sportpack in europe. You all so can get AMG styling pack maybe thats what you mean whit the sport pack in the U.S?

Thanks for you reaction
Yes I guess so, they must call sport pack here what they call amg styling there.

I think that car looks great in the photos. For me, I wouldn't hesitate to buy. Mine looks like that but with black paint. I actually prefer the color in that picture, maybe palladium? But I wanted a different color from my other car. I think you see more details of the car in that color.

May I ask what the sport pack does there, is it the nice sportier suspension? I don't have that.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes I guess so, they must call sport pack here what they call amg styling there.

I think that car looks great in the photos. For me, I wouldn't hesitate to buy. Mine looks like that but with black paint. I actually prefer the color in that picture, maybe palladium? But I wanted a different color from my other car. I think you see more details of the car in that color.

May I ask what the sport pack does there, is it the nice sportier suspension? I don't have that.
The color is palladiumsilver. And The sportpack is: black interior whit red stitching, red seatbelts and The leather shift knob and handbrake leaver. Carbon optic inserts and 18" alu rims. Sportsuspension and big Front brake disc's. Rear spoiler and THE darkend lichts.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hello Dimi190E

That car your interested is very similar to mine (same colour and sport packet). I just wonder if you´ll wont miss the bi-xenon, parktronic and Comand. I ordered those and a few more extras because I can´t live without them :)

Here is a link with some photos and comments of my car, in the forum that I also moderate, in Spain: http://www.clubmbfaq.es/forum/viewtopic.php?t=130757

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
To be honest, I don't want the comand. because you can't update it whout out the cd you need to buy for 200€ and it dusn't show speed cam's. I'm planning on putting a kenwood unite in whit a large touch screen and garmins nav software whit speed cam. And whit a back up cam for parking the car. And I have xenon headlamps on the car of my dad and I find them a waste of money. I have normal lights in my car and I never juse the big lights, I find tht they give enough light.

I do have to say you have awsome pic's of your car.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Agree on all but the BiX - I couldn't live without them. New COMAND is very nice, but as mentioned does not have the ability to load speedcams - something that I need to find a solution for, as I prefer the integration over the feature...

For the time being, I've got my TomTom sitting in the console - not sure what I'm going to replace it with yet.

Parktronic is nice, I find it handy to have - along with the reverse mirror function makes parking a breeze.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
That looks great. I'm biased when I say that the colour is great... :)

Like you I've driven cars with BiX headlamps and find our SLK's standard halogens to be more than adequate. I also agree about Command, I've used it in other Mercedes cars as recently as last weekend, and don't miss it in our SLK.

As for the sports pack, just after we ordered and received our car, MB UK offered the sports pack as a free upgrade. Quite a nice upgrade IMO, but we decided not to put any more money into the deal, but I would have been happy to accept the upgrade for free.. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.