Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still searching for a pre facelift center console lid (tips left/right, as well as lifting up/back). pdf attached. Just the lid/top needed.

I am passing through LAX a few times this month - does anyone have any leads on same, or know of any auto recyclers in the LA area that might have an early 171?

Much appreciated. I'm a novice when it comes to ebay...help welcome and appreciated! :tu:

Attachments

·
Registered
363 Posts
I am still searching for a pre facelift center console lid (tips left/right, as well as lifting up/back). pdf attached. Just the lid/top needed.

I am passing through LAX a few times this month - does anyone have any leads on same, or know of any auto recyclers in the LA area that might have an early 171?

Much appreciated. I'm a novice when it comes to ebay...help welcome and appreciated! :tu:
I have a foul console with a phone Connection inside for sale but the lid open only back

·
Super Moderator/Florida Event Coordinator
13,962 Posts

·
DAS/STAR Registered Owner
4,015 Posts
Still looking...!

Cheers
Sean

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone...

I'd like to keep the left/right function...

Thanks MK...I saw that one.. price is coming down..

Curro ... let me know about that one.. you can identify it by the buttons on the side (according to JonB, this option has to do with having the phone option originally).

It takes a village to keep an SLK!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Hmm. Mine has been acting funny for a while. Now it is stuck open. But that service bulletin plus other posts I've read on this forum seem to give me some good ideas on how to fix this issue short of replacing. Though I have to admit I would much prefer the simpler approach used by the more recent models. This open right or left is too gimmicky.

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Curro... any thoughts on getting into the guts of it? Biggest issue on mine at the moment is the fact the buttons are both stuck in...

I thought about cutting off the bottom, but I don't think that will give me access to the linkage (I suspect the works are installed from above, then the top/cushion is bonded to the bottom). Any thoughts on un-bonding it??

·
Premium Member
10,745 Posts
Unfortunately ( or not ) I don't have this type either , so I don't really know how it works !

Is this any help to you ?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts