Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 2000 slk 230 pre-facelift, with those black side skirts that don't match the body color. I am wondering whether it is best that I just buy aftermarket side skirts and replace them, or paint the factory ones to match body color. Has anyone painted them and/or has a picture of painted ones? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
373 Posts
im in similar boat. I've found and recommend buying aftermarket side skirts and having them installed. they will come with all the mounting hardware that you will need but will come unpainted. it is highly recommended that you take them to a body shop to have them painted and installed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you! This will be very helpful. I have been looking at the Duraflex AMG body kit. Is this a solid choice, or should I look elsewhere? Seems like a good deal (400 + shipping) but maybe it's low quality?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Thank you! This will be very helpful. I have been looking at the Duraflex AMG body kit. Is this a solid choice, or should I look elsewhere? Seems like a good deal (400 + shipping) but maybe it's low quality?
that's the exact same kit i've been eyeing. i got a quote from a local body shop to paint and install the kit, they quoted me about $700. so make sure to factor that into your total cost for the kit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.