Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Off to Prague for three night weekend soon >:D Three couples going. Anyone got any recommendations for bars/restaurant's/ents etc?

We all like our food and booze, live music etc and are staying central close to Wenceslas Square.

Cheers :wink:

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Prague is a lovely city, was there twice in a month a few years ago. First time on business, second time on a short break holiday.

On the first trip, went to a few bars and clubs after we'd finished for day. Being a group of guys, we were constantly propositioned by 'night workers' and hustlers trying to get us into clubs. Some are apparently free to get in, but expensive to get out. I can't give you any details, but hopefully someone will give you some clues. Ask at the hotel.

On the holiday, we were not propositioned as we were a couple, so we're pretty much left alone.

First day we took a walking tour organised via our hotel. Very good way to see and learn something about the city and its history, started in the town square, had a lunch in local restaurant, ended up over the bridge in the castle. We went up the clock tower, which was interesting too.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prague_astronomical_clock

Hope you enjoy your trip.

We also went to see a production of Don Giovanni (opera by Mozart, original debut was in Prague Opera House in 1787). Our first experience of opera and it was worth the entry fee. Not everybody's cup of tea though I guess.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
do the Staropramen Brewery...

... tour out at Smichov. 5 minute tram ride from north side of Charles Bridge. Haven't done it myself, but like the beer. The Old town is superb. The castle is fab. There's even a smaller Eifel tower in the park next door.
Use the bridge as a short cut to everywhere If you ever read Schweik, you can go to the pub he used to hang out at U Kaliche, near the National Opera House. There was even a chap dressed like him playing the tuba when we went, but he might have moved on by now.
If you like dumplings, gravy, and roast fowl of every description, you are in for a stodgy treat.>:D

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Proper beers from Czech Republic.....

Oooooh love a bit of Star!!

I believe they make the REAL Budweiser (Budvar) over there somewhere too :wink:>:D

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
Oooooh love a bit of Star!!

I believe they make the REAL Budweiser (Budvar) over there somewhere too :wink:>:D
Sorry, mate but if a 30-pack costs more than 3.99$ USD, it aint Bud.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts