Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, does anyone out there have any idea where I can buy a new Power / Volume knob for the head unit of a 2005 SLK350?

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,562 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wouldn't actually say that it's peeling, it's just completely blank, everything has worn off, just a dirty looking empty big button now.

·
93,562 Posts
see the thread link of mine above for peeling
there is a ebay site that sells replacement stickers

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Just a thought, @Mickh101 - you could ask if anyone has an old version of your head unit in their garage/workshop. Perhaps they've upgraded their head unit for an aftermarket version? Or go ask if anyone has had a similar job done at your car audio centre and ask if they have an old one knocking around? Those might be in better condition to yours?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm beginning to think it might be better to consider an upgrade and replace the entire unit - only lack of funds is stopping me from taking the plunge.

·
93,562 Posts
I'll write you a check :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi! I have an Audio 20 head unit in really good condition that I removed from my 2005 SLK 350. Auction on eBay starting at $45 with free shipping if you're interested. I think you can make me an offer there. I'm in Florida so it'll ship from US. Otherwise when the auction ends in a few days maybe we can work out a deal with shipping.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
If your interested in selling the old one..... I'm interested. I need the membrane contact piece behind the buttons. If you interested I did manage to install an after market Dynavin N7 head unit without cutting or splicing any wires.... using the factory MOST HK amp and speakers etc...… I'll send you the pics of all the connections. I haven't posted enough to PM you.

·
93,562 Posts
If your interested in selling the old one..... I'm interested. I need the membrane contact piece behind the buttons. If you interested I did manage to install an after market Dynavin N7 head unit without cutting or splicing any wires.... using the factory MOST HK amp and speakers etc...… I'll send you the pics of all the connections. I haven't posted enough to PM you.
please use the 'quote' button so we know who you are asking/talking/to/referencing

you have 12 posts

if you go welcome 3 members you will be at 15 posts to message others

If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable or to ‘edit’, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM/edit. You can always pm a moderator.

·
Registered
17 Posts
please use the 'quote' button so we know who you are asking/talking/to/referencing

you have 12 posts

if you go welcome 3 members you will be at 15 posts to message others

If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable or to ‘edit’, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM/edit. You can always pm a moderator.
EOD Guy - would love to sell the head unit to you! Please OM me with an offer and hopefully we can work something out! ( In the meantime I’ll get my 2 additional posts in so I can PM you back)

·
93,562 Posts
EOD Guy - would love to sell the head unit to you! Please OM me with an offer and hopefully we can work something out! ( In the meantime I’ll get my 2 additional posts in so I can PM you back)
you have Posts: 10
you need 15 :D

·
Registered
17 Posts

OK - Once the system updates I should be able to PM. When you're there, just PM me and we can see about arranging something on the Audio 20 head unit.

·
Registered
50 Posts
bplebly, I just realized you have the Audio 20 head unit...… the buttons are not the same as the Comand unit..... so the membrane also wouldn't work.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts