Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Since a couple of weeks my slk200 mod 1997 starts loosing power when I push on the gaspedal , the car will slow down actually and then shoots like a rocket forwards ,
I checked already K40 , airmass, changed fuelpump , and there is no code showing up ,
I m a bit frustrated with this and dont know what to do anymore apart of changing the complete engine:tazz:

So any advice from you guys is welcome

Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi ,

I just cleaned AMF and its maybe a little better , so how do you know if its really broke after a clean , because in the garage nothing shows up on the computer , is it possible its broke anyway ? Sparkplugs are replaced 2 months ago,:confused:

Thx

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK200K
10,745 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi ,

Yes I have a leak there!!! I cleaned a max with wd40 , but its still running bumpy...grrrrr.... Thanks for your reply and link

·
Registered 2003 SLK230
271 Posts
If all the basic items (oil, air filter, plugs, etc) are checked, try this: Remove negative cable from battery for 30 minutes, then reconnect and do a throttle position reset.

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK200K
10,745 Posts
Hi ,

Yes I have a leak there!!! I cleaned a max with wd40 , but its still running bumpy...grrrrr.... Thanks for your reply and link
If you have an oil leak from the crankshaft sensor , you need to get the cables cleaned or replaced and the sensor changed , and a safety cable sold by Mercedes installed to prevent re-occurance , otherwise if the oil reaches it , you can ruin the ECU which is a very expensive repair in the thousands !!
The parts are relatively cheap and easy to replace , well worth it for peace of mind .
Check your engine type is M111 and if it is the references for the parts needed are as follws :

M111
1 x 271 -150-27-33 Cable
1 x 111 -051-01-77 Sensor
1 x 111- 997-01-86 Sensor centre cover

It is also advisable for owners of the M271 engine to put two of the cables in place before the crankshaft sensor , as according to the forum MBFaq , where I got these references from , cases of the same problem have occured in this engine also , although the M111 engine is more prone to the fault !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.