Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
*Registered
2010 SLK55 AMG
859 Posts
Oh, yes!!

Best I can describe it is like when you start it up in the morning, with a cold engine. The first thirty second it sounds like a slightly annoyed lion that you just woke up from a nice slumber - "What, did you just wake me up??". Still to tired to actually DO anything about it, just slightly annoyed. It then settles down to a much lower tone - "ok, I'm going to go back to sleep, I had a very nice dream - purr purr growl"..

You then take it out for a drive and let the engine and all oils warm up for ten, fifteen minutes and then you SLAM the throttle - you just stepped on said lions tail. HARD! "WHAT DID YOU JUST DO, DID YOU STEP ON MY TAIL - GROOOOOOWWWWLLLLL - I WILL EAT YOU!!".

It's enough to make a grown man giggle like a school girl and do it over and over and over again!! And I litteraly do that - over and over and over again :D :D.

This is the sound of TRUE power, not late teens, early twenties exhaust mods.

·
**Premium Member 2014 SLK200
3,691 Posts
Oh, yes!!

Best I can describe it is like when you start it up in the morning, with a cold engine. The first thirty second it sounds like a slightly annoyed lion that you just woke up from a nice slumber - "What, did you just wake me up??". Still to tired to actually DO anything about it, just slightly annoyed. It then settles down to a much lower tone - "ok, I'm going to go back to sleep, I had a very nice dream - purr purr growl"..

You then take it out for a drive and let the engine and all oils warm up for ten, fifteen minutes and then you SLAM the throttle - you just stepped on said lions tail. HARD! "WHAT DID YOU JUST DO, DID YOU STEP ON MY TAIL - GROOOOOOWWWWLLLLL - I WILL EAT YOU!!".

It's enough to make a grown man giggle like a school girl and do it over and over and over again!! And I litteraly do that - over and over and over again :D :D.

This is the sound of TRUE power, not late teens, early twenties exhaust mods.
Best description I have read anywhere (y)
I don't have a 55 but that really fired the imagination:)

·
*Registered
2010 SLK55 AMG
859 Posts
The R172 have an even darker, deeper growl. To continue the likeness, like an old(er) lion, sick of everyones s**t. To old and tired to do anything, unless you annoy him to much, then he will rip your head clean off.. Metaforically speaking of course :D.

The R171 is like a younger lion. Quicker to anger, but less likely to completely devour you. Initially.

·
*Premium Member
2009 SLK55 AMG
14,680 Posts
Welcome from the Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts!

·
*Registered
2013 SLK55 AMG
46 Posts
You mention that you’re not entirely happy with your alloys, I was the same when I bought my 55, which has the black 10 spokes you mention. Somehow on a black car I didn’t think they quite worked, but I soon got used to them and then began to like them. So my advice would be to live with the car for a bit, get used to it and then see how you feel.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.