Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, just had my service -A- done by the dealer at 5700 miles. I paid $210.00 Dollars, Is this price ok?
Have a question, How can i post my car pictures on this site?
All my car pictures are in a file called (Shortcut to my pictures) on my computer's desktop. Thanks for your help.
P.S. Since interest rates are lower now, is there a way to refinance my current lease or go ahead and finance it again. ? my lease interest rate is 8% now. I like to bring my lease payment down to half if i can.:hail:

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
You'll need to register with a photo hosting website like

http://photobucket.com

It's free to do this. You can then upload your photos into albums on the site.
When you have some photos uploaded, you can copy the IMG properties into a thread and hey presto, your pictures will appear..

Cheers!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,417 Posts
$210 is in the ballpark for the service 'a'

·
Registered
323 Posts
I had to find out A service is not A service and not only do prices vary also the service...depending where.

If I were you, I would ask the dealer to give you a "detailed" list of what exactly is being done,before even doing the A service.

Example...A service list " tire rotation " most slks can't have the tire rotaded because tires have different sizeson the front and back.

Also some place exachange and put brand new windhield vipers on your car when doing the A service, some places don't.

Some places even change your oil but only clean your airfilter, some MB dealer actually put a brand new airfilter....

My dealer in Toledo,Ohio....
only does this for the A service, which cost around 240 bucks.

Oil Change, Inspection, air filter cleaning...and filling up fluids...thats it!

the one MB in Michigan,they told me on the phone.

They do oil change, airfilter change, new windshield wipers, Inspection,filling up all fluids and lubrication.'

for 260 bucks...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had oil change, air filter cleaned, fluids filled up & lubrication. I also told them not
to wash my car becouse i heard they use a broom to wash cars. How do dealers wash the cars anyway? thank you for
your reply.

·
Registered 2007 SLK200
820 Posts
I definitely don't trust my dealer to wash it, seen one of the younger boys dropping the chamois on the ground and using it on the paint straight after... :(

·
Registered
2,656 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
By the way I want smart-top installed. Do you guys know a shop in SF, Bay area or Marin county? and how much should I expect to pay.

·
Registered 2007 SLK200
820 Posts
By the way I want smart-top installed. Do you guys know a shop in SF, Bay area or Marin county? and how much should I expect to pay.
You should try attempting the install yourself is quite easy and this is coming from a person that has never attempted such a thing before :tu:

though I admit i was extremely scared while doing it though :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks RayhaX for your post, but I am not handy with tools and I am scared I might
brake something. I saw the post on how to do it and it dos'nt look that easy. If
the cost is around $200.00 I rather have A pro. do it.

·
Registered 2007 SLK200
820 Posts
Fair enough :) I was going to get someone to do it as well but i received it on Friday and the earliest that could happen was on Monday.

Being a very impatient person I decided to attempt the install myself on Saturday :) thank god nothing happen haha

·
Thread Hijacker
2,798 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.