Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been afraid to do this job for some time, but it turned out to be very easy. Just do not forget to put the belt back when you are finished.

Sorry for the poor images, my phone was in a zip lock bag to protect it.

First thing to do is remove the belt for the supercharger.

Then remove the air box. Undo the three clips on the top of the air box.

Once the top half is removed, the bottom half just pulls up and out.

Now you can pull out this little air guide.

Loosen this hose clamp and remove these two bolts.

Now there are some oil separator and crankcase ventilation hoses to remove. Be careful, I broke the crankcase ventilation hose but luckily the local dealer had them in stock.

Now the oil separator and the breather assembly connected to it can be pulled up and off. Because of the electronic butterfly valve, I just set it of to the side by the fan.

Next remove these six bolts and loosen this hose clip.

Now that part can be pulled off and removed.

Next remove these four bolts.

And the supercharger can be removed.

Tilt upside-down to remove all the oil.

Installation is reverse and I used blue loctite on all the bolts.

Refill oil while it is back on the car until overflows.

Do not forget the hoses and belt during reinstallation!

Good luck!

Chris

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,536 Posts
Great job Chris! Was that on your car or your dad's?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,536 Posts
Thank you for your helpful post ;o)
Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Valrico, Florida!

Your 1st thread should be your introduction so we can welcome you properly so post an introduction in the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already. New Members Introduce Yourself Here - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM. You can always pm a moderator.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on your car). You must update your profile with vehicle info and your location and post an introduction first.
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thank you!

This was on my girl. I've been spending so much time on his lately, I had to find something to do to mine after a wash.
Hi Chris, thanks for the really detailed post. What oil did you use for the supercharger? Also did you just pour the oil out of the drain/fill plug when it was out of the car? And lastly did you notice any difference in the car for changing the oil?? Sorry for all the questions haha! I'm looking to do it on mine, all other posts have made it out to be much more difficult to remove the supercharger though!

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Chris, thanks for the really detailed post. What oil did you use for the supercharger? Also did you just pour the oil out of the drain/fill plug when it was out of the car? And lastly did you notice any difference in the car for changing the oil?? Sorry for all the questions haha! I'm looking to do it on mine, all other posts have made it out to be much more difficult to remove the supercharger though!
You're welcome.

ACDelco supercharger oil.

Yes. I poured it out and tried to suck it out when it was off the car. Not sure if you can really get it all.

Not sure if there was any difference. I did not drive the car for about two weeks after I changed the fluid.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thank you ichris93

your post is inspirational. I also need to get this done. You have answered all my fears of taking on this task.

Thank you again

p { margin-bottom: 0.1in; line-height: 120%; }

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK230 Kompressor
437 Posts
Great job Chris! Was that on your car or your dad's?
Jeff,
I realize that this is an old post but what kind of oil do you think was used as this was not mentioned? As you were, it was AC Delco Supercharger oil. Mentioned in another post.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts