Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Paso Robles or San Luis Obispo looks to be somewhat in the middle?

Or perhaps we can alternate with SoCal driving up to meet NorCal, and then vice-a-versa?

Reactions: Bleen and Motzkoman

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Cambria is also around the area. Very cute little town right next to the Pacific. Sign me up for anything in the area! Just looking at the map, there seems to be a ton of small roads between Paso Robles and Cambria :)

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Need to hear from NorCal folks.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I like the idea of Cambria over SLO/Paso Robles, as Cambria is just south of the STUNNING Highway 1 drive through Big Sur

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Hi guys...sorry I haven't responded to this yet...just got back from an over 24 hour trip getting back from business in Ireland... we have gone down as far as San Simeon in the past and I am sure we can drum up some support.

For some reason not many of our participants are keeping up with this board...I will have to work on that.

Give me a little jet lag time and I will get back to this...great idea!!!

:tu:

·
Premium member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,935 Posts
I'm very interested in this. If we go all the way up to the Big Sur area, I will probably take a day or two off from work and make a mini-vacation out of it. The scenery will be amazing, and I haven't done this drive for like 10 years or something. It's about time.

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Hi Guys & Gals,

Below is our northern California schedule as it stands now.

4/17/10 - Sacramento-Galt - Gold Country foothills
5/15/10 or 6/19/10 - Peninsula to coast SF Bay Area
(being finalized - other date remains open)
7/17/10 - Marin County
8/14/10 and or 8/15/10 with SLKNW
One week early to coincide with Concours Pebble Beach
9/18/10 - Sacto area
10/16/10 - OPEN
11/20/10 - OPEN

There are several ways to consider a meet up at Cambria-San Simeon. We actually had a great event there in the distant past of October 2006 (QuickTime link):
http://home.comcast.net/~motzko/slkqt/0610slk.mov

We have had interest in going back and could slot it into an open time or the other possibility for a big impact is to schedule it around the August Pebble Beach/Carmel Concours when we are planning to hook up with the North West groupd coming down from Seattle.

:Beer:

·
4,935 Posts
OK, so the meet the NorCal folks have planned for the 17th is to Galt, CA, which is almost 500 miles of the exceedingly boring I-5 freeway each way for me to get to/from :(.

I guess I'm opting out of this one. Is anyone from the SoCal group planning to attend this at this point, or should we punt on this meet'n'drive altogether instead focusing on the 10th @ Malibu?

·
19,407 Posts
OK, so the meet the NorCal folks have planned for the 17th is to Galt, CA, which is almost 500 miles of the exceedingly boring I-5 freeway each way for me to get to/from :(.

I guess I'm opting out of this one. Is anyone from the SoCal group planning to attend this at this point, or should we punt on this meet'n'drive altogether instead focusing on the 10th @ Malibu?
I'm thinking of the August Peeble Beach. Need to do some planning -- when and where to stay, and a rendezvous place.

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
I totally agree that the other dirves we have planned are probably too far for So CA (would be for me), and hope we can get something going some other time or during the August time of the Carmel Concours... ;-)
:hail:

·
Registered
843 Posts
I'm going to pass on the drive to Sacramento/Gold Country.

I am open to try to connect on 8/14 or 8/15 on the Concours D'Elegance Pebble Beach weekend, with details on the drive/way points desired as we get closer to that weekend.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Lodging seems to be sold out in Monterrey/Carmel on the August 14/15 weekend, no doubt due to the Pebble Beach Concours.

I was thinking of staying in Cambria the nights of August 13 and 14, and driving up to Monterrey/Carmel for the day on the 14th. Probably visit Hearst Castle On the 15th and maybe spend some time driving around Big Sur before heading back south to Santa Monica.

I know it is months before this weekend, but with lodging being in such demand for this weekend, I don't want to chance Cambria lodging getting sold out too. Anyone else making firm plans for this weekend?

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
I just sent an email to our other 2 No Cal coordinators, seeing if we should plan for something similar to what we did to San Simeon that weekend; it would allow us the opportunity to hook up with So Cal and Seattle folks coming down...

Check out our October '06 trip:
http://home.comcast.net/~motzko/slkqt/0610slk.mov

Will update as we plan...:rb

·
Registered
843 Posts
Update:

My wife and I are making a mini vacation out of this and will be staying in Big Sur at the Ragged Point Inn from the night of August 12th, through the morning of August 16th. We will most likely spend the 13th at Hearst Castle and in Big Sur.

I emailed Mort of the NW SLK group to see if they have a schedule of activities yet for their time in the Carmel/Pebble beach area. I figure Cha and I will spend a fair amount of time in Carmel/Pebble beach on the 14th and 15th. Would be fun to get a big group of SLK's together for the 17 mile drive through Pebble Beach and possibly other drives in the area, and lunch or dinner meet-ups.

Would be great to connect with Socal or Norcal SLKworld members planning on being in the area during the Pebble Beach concours d'elegance weekend.

·
4,935 Posts
Update:

My wife and I are making a mini vacation out of this and will be staying in Big Sur at the Ragged Point Inn from the night of August 12th, through the morning of August 16th. We will most likely spend the 13th at Hearst Castle and in Big Sur.
Very nice, I'm also still very interested in this meet-up, and turning it into a mini-vacation. I'll talk to the wife and see what she wants to do.

·
19,407 Posts
I won't be able to do this one (work schedule doesn't allow). Have fun and post lots of piccies.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts