Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so if anyone has tried hooking up a custom intake... they know the bypass valve by the air box sucks...really no way to connect to it. So i designed a Cad drawing this morning of a part we could use to not only connect to the bypass valve, but also connect a cone filter to..

tell me what you think? if we get 5 of us to buy it , it will be roughly 65 dollars each...

will me made from T5 or T6 aluminum, CNC machined, 2" ID 2.125" OD for cone filter... adaptor plate will be 1/4" thick.

let me know...

Attachments

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230 Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,093 Posts
I'm game for anything to get more air thru this motor to increase power.
Can you give more details of the complete setup you are talking about?

SLKman:tu:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well there are a couple ways we can go with this...

1) create this flange to connect to bypass valve, then you connect a cone filter to this flange. then all you would need is a 3" piece of 2.5" diameter pipe to connect the other intake going to the supercharger to another cone filter. and have it sit in their free or whatever you want to do with it.

2) second option is I could design a half air box design, basicly would connec to stock air box bolts and be a shield that not only blocks engine heat, but would have dual flanges one for bypass valve, the other for your intake...that on the other side would have dual fitting for cone filters.

the first picture in this thread would be like option 1 roughly 60-65 dollars

the attached picture on this reply I drew very quickly so the measurements are not precise... but would be more like option 2, except flanges would be welded on to attach 2 air filters too. the top would be left open, and the snorkel from the stock air box would be vented into the area to supply more cold air in this engine area.

option 2 might run as high as 200 dollars since it would be a complete bolt on set up, and all you would have to do is buy filters.

Attachments

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230 Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,093 Posts
Sounds good but the price is getting up there pretty high.:(

From the looks of the responses to the thread it looks like only u and I would be into doing this.:confused:

I wish I had your computer design ability...those are cool drawings.:rb

Maybe others will chime in with interest.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds good but the price is getting up there pretty high.:(

From the looks of the responses to the thread it looks like only u and I would be into doing this.:confused:

I wish I had your computer design ability...those are cool drawings.:rb

Maybe others will chime in with interest.

yea by the looks of it...you and I are it. LOL.

ahh well if you ever have a idea for a part, let me know , I can probably design it for you.

already designed a custom pulley for supercharger and crank... but the price is very high, better off going with asp or kleeman for that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.