Registered 2007 SLK200
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah too much going on....

·
Registered 2007 SLK200
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks :) a temp one while I wait for a nice weather so i can take a photo with both my bike and car.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
I can only hope that's the SLR that got it' front end trashed by a lorry in London. In any event, it looks way "wrong" to me! :p

·
Registered
85 Posts
Looks like something out of the first, Fast and the Furious movie.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
What was that design companies name? FUBAR?

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
88 Posts
Does the SLK share any internal desing with the SLR? For some reason I thought I remember hearing the SLK platform was derived from the SLR's.

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Does the SLK share any internal desing with the SLR? For some reason I thought I remember hearing the SLK platform was derived from the SLR's.
The SLK (R171) platform is based on the previous C Class (the R170 being based on the one before that) - the SLR has a 'custom' CF monocoque, designed specifically for it by McLaren

·
aka John
13,012 Posts

About the only thing they share is the "look" of the F1 nose. Even the '55 engine in the SLR is custom, and not shared with any other platform as far as I'm aware..

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I'm glad they removed the MB Star and put their own crappy emblem on there. :tu:

·
Registered 2007 SLK200
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
one expensive vacuum cleaner!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.