Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Founding Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
Something I have notised on my car is that the front window is damaged by miljons of small dots which is terrible if you have the sun in front of you.
The car is from 2005 and after about two years I hit a moose which smashed the front windows completely. The glass was already then full of small dots. OK they gave me a new glass and all looked well at start but after another two years the new windscreen was damaged the same way again. No other of my earlier car had this problem. Has Mercedes choosed a lighter glass with poor quality or what?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,459 Posts
i noticed that myself on 3 yrs worth of slks. in fact, just got a free windshield (florida law when chipped or cracked) and noticed none of those imperfections from the start while driving into a low sun. it is oem mb glass too.

may i ask if you use newspapers, towels or what to clean your glass? i always use newspapers and hope they somehow r not scratching the glass.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I have a C Class, and I have heard people ask this in the C Class forums if the car has particular bad glass or something.

I personally doubt it.

I think maybe we care about the way our car looks, etc. so we notice the little nicks in our windshield more when it's these cars we really care about.

It does get annoying after a while.

I guess someday I'd have to be like jbanks15 and have to get a replacement.

·
Premium Member 2017 SLC 300 Founding member #7
2,161 Posts
I noticed the same thing in my 320 and now in the 350. I don't think it is just noticing it. I've NEVER noticed it in any other car. I wondered if it was from applying Rain-X. That's the only thing I've used on the glass, other than Perfect Glass cleaner and Mr. Clean cleaning solution.

Maybe it is just because the car rides so low? Getting pelted by other cars throwing up sand and the like?

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
88 Posts
I have small lightly peppered specks all over my windshield too. It's real annoying. My dad said his 1979 450 SL had it too.

You can't really feel them, they almost seem like there little bubbles trapped in the glass.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.