Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
POLLEN :mad:

Love spring. First time in a year I can move without taking something for my aches and pains of life. Washed my car yesterday and drove topless all day getting a good sunburn and not minding.

THEN the evening and morning were the next day...

walked out to go out cruzing again and behold

the culprits are still hanging around...growing leaves.... (grumble grumble)

Time to go wash the car again....(sneeze)

Ya'll have a good day.

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK350
3,730 Posts
that amount of pollen would put me in bed for a day :(

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,305 Posts
california duster works wonders

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
I don't think pollen is particularly abrasive. You might want to try a Calfornia Duster for quick clean up jobs. Quite a few of us use them and they are quite inexpensive.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Yep a whole lot of yellow "powder coated" cars driving around ATL these days!:(

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK 280-sold
3,552 Posts
When the big storm comes through tomorrow hopefully it will knock a lot of it down.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When the big storm comes through tomorrow hopefully it will knock a lot of it down.
I never look forward to rain these days but today might change my mind. Just don't hog all the rain! :p

I have a cali duster..love the thing. It's just no match for this yellow stuff. Finally hung the white flag(which is now yellow) and got out the hose and soap. I can't be seen in a yellow car!!!

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK 280-sold
3,552 Posts
You're right. The pollen here is not near that bad, at least where I park during the day.

I hope that you won't mind if I wish that your rain shows up tomorrow night so that the first round of the Masters will go off in good weather. :biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
2,117 Posts
same here in San Antonio...real PITA to keep the car clean this time of year, not to mention the junk that falls out of the trees on the driveway....what a mess.....

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hope that you won't mind if I wish that your rain shows up tomorrow night so that the first round of the Masters will go off in good weather. :biglaugh:

I used to live and work directly in front of the entrance of the MASTERS. Place it a hot mess.....still have nightmares....and a whole lotta stories about the 4 top days when all the "pro's" are there and just how bad that place is. Might need to start a new thread......

AND

they have a higher pollen count then we do hehehehehe....sorry... hehe.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I hate this time of year as well, I see no point in washing my car. I end up rinsing my car off every night before I put it in the garage, sometimes I'll do it during the day too. If I'm not going anywhere for a good amount of time.

·
Registered 2012 SLK250-gone
1,212 Posts
... don't get me started on the pollen! That's nothing compared to the guys with the leaf blowers. There are quite a few houses on main roads that have landscapers coming by to trim the bushes. The leaf blower guys blow all the clippings, leaves, tiny rocks around even with traffic passing by. I've seen quite often when they blow the stuff onto the road and into the gutter, but in the process, blow it right into traffic where the rocks and leaves are bouncing off everyone's car.

California duster... we actually don't use them in California! Some people *do* use them but unless you thoroughly clean it prior to each use, whatever you're dusting off your car, especially road dust (which can be abrasive), will be drugged dragged draggeded... i'm not on drugs... at least I have prescriptions for them all! ... sorry tangent.. well you will be dragging (and I'm not talking about the coral!) all those P12-grit particles all over your car!

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Oh. thankfully this period is over here in Houston! I remember it was a nightmare for like 3 weeks. Luckily for me I washed and waxed the car the day before it all started! I just used clean Meguiar's microfiber towel in the evenings and in the mornings when the humidity was low to wipe it off and that worked just perfectly fine! The pollen didn't stick to the waxed surface and was easily wiped off! Couple times I used Meguiar's Ultimate Quick detailer. Love this stuff! But it was an everyday fight for about three weeks as I said :( Then one day I parked my car on the drive way and part of it is covered by the tree where this pollen comes from. Next morning when I woke you should have seen my car and my face. My car was like dipped in the yellow paint and all this stuff from the tree just fell on top of it. These tree pieces were like balloons but instead of water they had pollen in them! I had no other choice but to wash my car and yes, I used my compressor to clean all the drain points in my SLK to get this stuff out!
Hopefully this season is over and I'm planning on rewashing and rewaxing again =)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts