Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A member made the most excellent suggestion that
we change the picture that appears on the top right of the home page.

We decided to let the members and guests vote on what model version should appear.

The choices will be:

1. R170
2. R171 (Leave it as it is)
3. R172
4. Put all 3 at the top surrounded by the SLKWORLD.Com logo

We will leave the poll up for a few weeks

Thank you,
Jeff
Founding Member/Moderator

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Is there a design for the "All 3" option posted somewhere?

·
96,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no design available

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Photochop member's ride and align them the same way the red 171 is illustrated currently.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I would vote for all three, but as a suggestion and I was gonna suggest changing the top image actually myself but mysuggestion or one would be if it was not all three would be to put the RIDE OF THE MONTH up there, i.e the winner !..........

im guessing its easy to change

·
96,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
very good suggestion. too late to edit the poll though and even though this is only the second month for the 'Ride of the Month' competition, participation is not as active as it was last month.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I like the idea of all three models, especially if they all have the same photoshop / image treatment at the present image. I love that kind of automotive drawing. I imagine that the image is a static graphic. Would be cool, if it was possible, for it to be a "flash" image or similar so that the one image could morph between all three images. But I don't know the kind of code that the forum is done in, so wouldn't know if this is possible on this site.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Ride of the Month . . .

I like the Ride of the Month Idea . . . but maybe instead of the ride of the month it might be made into the Ride of the Season . . . ie Winter/Spring/Summer/Fall . . . that would give more time for taking/staging pictures (on trips) more time for looking over the submissions, more JOY in having your ride on top (3 months!) and probably more competition to be the Ride of the Season. I would suggest that it cannot be the same model winner as the last one, and only 1 win per car for every two years? . . . there should be enough of us here that most folks would get a shot at a win if they staged their photo well . . . and it would make the logistics of changing out the logo a task of 4 times a year rather than every month . . . that's my input:burnout:

:Beer:

·
96,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Closing this poll. Thanks to all that participated. Helena, our administrator has the results and will work with her crew to put all 3 models at the top of the forum!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.