Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
*Premium Member
2006 SLK350
89 Posts
Despite having the connection in my central arm rest I wasn’t going to bother with it due to the ‘puck’ cost.
However I’ve found 4 on eBay, each less than £100. Part numbers B67875877 ?
But if they don’t work with an iPhone 11 ? I will stick with the original plan and not bother!
I have B67875877 in my 2006 SLK 350 and in my 2007 C180 (W203).
We have used them with iPhone 8, SE and 12 without problems.

·
*Premium Member
2008 SLK350
3,551 Posts
as long as i have your attention, can you update the pics in your thread here? thanks

post 14

Can't update that thread anymore, says "Not open for further replies" ....
But I think these are the pics you're talking about?

Vehicle Fixture Automotive design Vehicle door Gas

Trunk Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part Metal

·
Founding Member 2006
112,741 Posts
thread updated.... thanks Piet

·
*Premium Member
2013 SLK350/2008 SLK280
146 Posts
Thanks Ragnar,

I’m bidding for one on eBay UK at the moment 👍
Hi all,
I won the eBay “puck” challenge, would have been great if someone else had not bid me up to £89, but still a great price. Seen nothing cheaper !
Took less than 5 minutes to set up my Apple iPhone 11 Pro, working perfectly.
Downside is now my wife can call me when I’m hiding from her in the SLK….🙀
Font Grey Audio equipment Automotive tire Communication Device

White Grey Font Technology Synthetic rubber

·
*Registered
2009 SLK55 AMG w/P30
1,493 Posts
Similar year to mine, so, IF it is set for phone (datacard sometimes carry errors, rare for 171 but...) you should find something like this inside the central cubby/arm rest.

View attachment 615077

Which require a puck similar to this:
View attachment 615078

That puck requires a kidney:
Note the word 'used'
View attachment 615079

However, should you fit smarttop:
You need the hang up button to access the settings on the 171. So, lucky that MB are lazy.
I struggle to understand why one would go to the trouble to get this old tech stuff when today's phones are so much more. Does this work for you? It plugs into the socket in the glove box https://www.amazon.ca/Mercedes-Blue...ocphy=9104494&hvtargid=pla-523008645323&psc=1

·
*Premium Member
2013 SLK350/2008 SLK280
146 Posts

·
*Administrator (Premium Member)
41,472 Posts
I struggle to understand why one would go to the trouble to get this old tech stuff when today's phones are so much more. Does this work for you? It plugs into the socket in the glove box https://www.amazon.ca/Mercedes-Blue...ocphy=9104494&hvtargid=pla-523008645323&psc=1
If it works for the earlier cars, it is a bargain even vs second hand prices.

However, I am the same as Luckyrat.
I also got lucky as I wasn't hunting one but a friend on here was selling his 171 and took all of his extras off the car.
He was kind enough to offer parts to friends on here first.
Another plus from meets and tours.

·
*Registered
2005 SLK55 AMG
490 Posts
i have an Alpine radio and CANBUS adapter. The steering wheel On-hook button functions as a radio Mute button. This is handy when your passenger is trying to tell you something but you can’t understand because the music is too loud OR when entering a tunnel in a 55:p
The Off-hook button lets me walk trough the sources of the Head Unit.

·
*Registered
2005 SLK55 AMG
490 Posts
But if you program that a phone is not present on the car then the buttons do nothing on the canbus. I thought I did not want to see the TEL menu scrolling trough the menu because I took the phone hardware out. Then the 2 telephone buttons lost the above functions so I had them turned on again.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts