Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
*Registered
2006 SLK350
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I searched and didn't see this exact answer, so bringing it up. Bought a 2006 SLK 350 a few days ago. My data card shows that I do not have any of the phone connectivity options and there is no phone connector in the armrest on the car. But I still have Phone buttons on the steering wheel and on the factory head unit. So I guess I'm confused. Does my vehicle have no way to connect to a phone but Mercedes still built it with phone buttons everywhere? Or is there another standard way of connecting to a phone and using those buttons that I'm missing?

Thanks!

·
Founding Member 2006
112,741 Posts
Mb not going to be popping extra buttons off

·
Founding Member 2006
112,741 Posts
Yup!

·
*Administrator (Premium Member)
41,472 Posts
Similar year to mine, so, IF it is set for phone (datacard sometimes carry errors, rare for 171 but...) you should find something like this inside the central cubby/arm rest.

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Trunk Vehicle

Which require a puck similar to this:
Musical instrument accessory Rectangle Camera accessory Gadget Font

That puck requires a kidney:
Note the word 'used'
Product Input device Peripheral Synthetic rubber Microphone

However, should you fit smarttop:
You need the hang up button to access the settings on the 171. So, lucky that MB are lazy.

·
*Registered
2006 SLK350
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Similar year to mine, so, IF it is set for phone (datacard sometimes carry errors, rare for 171 but...) you should find something like this inside the central cubby/arm rest.

View attachment 615077

View attachment 615078

Note the word 'used'
View attachment 615079

You need the hang up button to access the settings on the 171. So, lucky that MB are lazy.
Yea my armrest cubby is empty. Original owner splurged for the CD changer but not the phone stuff. Seems his predictions on which tech would be important going forward was a little off :ROFLMAO:

·
*Premium Member
2008 SLK350
3,551 Posts
Yea my armrest cubby is empty. Original owner splurged for the CD changer but not the phone stuff. Seems his predictions on which tech would be important going forward was a little off :ROFLMAO:
You could replace the CDC by something like this. https://mobridge.us/product/m2-connect-most/
Gives you telephone and bluetooth audiostreaming.
Other manufacturers are Fiscon and Dension.
Or this MOST Bluetooth Adapter for Mercedes Audio20 APS50 Command NTG1 NTG2
Not really cheap but not expensive either. Had a Fiscon myself and that worked pretty well.
Put those buttons to work! 😁

·
*Premium Member
2013 SLK350/2008 SLK280
146 Posts

View attachment 615077

View attachment 615078

Note the word 'used'
View attachment 615079

Should anyone actually want to buy one of these 🤔 what is the actual part number for the r171 SLK ?

·
Founding Member 2006
112,741 Posts
part number for the puck?

i can probably get it for you but it is like 15 years old and not current with new phones

·
Founding Member 2006
112,741 Posts
I also believe, Piet, that the puck did not last more than like 2 years?

Attachments

• 563.6 KB Views: 3

·
*Premium Member
2008 SLK350
3,551 Posts
I also believe, Piet, that the puck did not last more than like 2 years?
What do you mean with that Jeff?
You are right saying they are old and you may run into issues with modern smartphones.
I remember when I had one I could not access my phonebook on my Android phone. Had to install some very old Nokia (!) software on my phone to get that to work. Don't know if that is still possible with newer phones but after I installed it puck and phone worked pretty good.

·
Founding Member 2006
112,741 Posts
i meant, didn't the puck come out like 2004/5 and then gone by like 2007 or 8?

·
Founding Member 2006
112,741 Posts
Oh,I see.
Could very well be. Around that time every OEM radio had BT phone as a standatd option I believe.

as long as i have your attention, can you update the pics in your thread here? thanks

post 14

·
*Registered
2006 SLK350
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You could replace the CDC by something like this. https://mobridge.us/product/m2-connect-most/
Gives you telephone and bluetooth audiostreaming.
Other manufacturers are Fiscon and Dension.
Or this MOST Bluetooth Adapter for Mercedes Audio20 APS50 Command NTG1 NTG2
Not really cheap but not expensive either. Had a Fiscon myself and that worked pretty well.
Put those buttons to work! 😁
Honestly if I were to spend that I'd probably just go for a touchscreen Carplay enabled head unit. I'm sure the steering wheel phone buttons can be co-opted by that too right?

·
*Premium Member
2008 SLK350
3,551 Posts
Honestly if I were to spend that I'd probably just go for a touchscreen Carplay enabled head unit. I'm sure the steering wheel phone buttons can be co-opted by that too right?
Don't know. Some do and some don't I believe. Depends on the CANbus decoder amd/or headunit. You'll have to ask around here at members who did that. I stick to OEM.;)

·
*Premium Member
2013 SLK350/2008 SLK280
146 Posts
All HFP cradles should work irrespective of partnr.
But personnaly I would choose B67870000. This has the most up-to-date firmware. The firmware for these HFP cradles is not upgradable.
Despite having the connection in my central arm rest I wasn’t going to bother with it due to the ‘puck’ cost.
However I’ve found 4 on eBay, each less than £100. Part numbers B67875877 ?
But if they don’t work with an iPhone 11 ? I will stick with the original plan and not bother!

·
Founding Member 2006
112,741 Posts

·
*Administrator (Premium Member)
41,472 Posts
Jeff posted a link that I tend to use above.
Although for new, it gives a starting point.

I am upgrading my phone soon, so will be interesting to see if it works still.

My '07 has puck, my wife's '09 does not. Which confirms Jeff's statement.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts