·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
DAS/STAR Registered Owner
4,015 Posts
Nice colour though ...

The ad is excessively capitalized though ... makes for trick reading!!

·
Registered
868 Posts
in the end it's what people are prepared to pay. It does look to be in good condition in a rare colour (both in and out).

Same age as mine with 15k miles less, I wouldn't have paid that for mine but mine also wasn't a HUGE amount less than that either. I guess that with all the 'prestige' cars (911's etc) out of the hands of ordinary folk like me and thee the halo models of the lower ranges are being touted as worth a punt (look at the Z3M for example or Clio V6)

·
Registered
579 Posts
That colour must be very rare indeed. Shame about interior colour, makes me feel a bit queasy :(

To be fair low mileage R171 55s must be increasingly rare. I'm hoping mine holds its value well being just over 28,000 for a 2008 and also in a rare colour but I paid a fair amount less than they are asking.

Its still summer so no doubt they are taking a punt to see if anyone is interested, as do many people it seems. I've seen many I think are overpriced take a long time to sell and many of them still are.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Marketing 101. Likely a price vs. days on the lot program. They start high and after a month or so start to drop the price. Then tell you what a deal you're getting cause they reduced the price so much. Someone will eventually look at it and have to have it.

Baja-D

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
When we got avel du's 55 chatting to the sales guy he was surprised we wanted to test drive it as most of his clients just buy unseen the 55 was the cheapest car in his sales and we got it from Manchester not this garage though.
It all depends what someone is willing to pay, also any buyer will try to get money off the price just depends how much both are willing to compromise to get the car/sale.
I like the cream interior all down to personal taste.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.