Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 1997 Slk and the roof was really slow so after checking fluid etc I decided to buy a new hydraulc pump (the one in the boot at the drivers side) so got the old one one but some of the pipes moved on me but put the new one in and put the pipes in where they looked like they should go, now when I go to put my roof down it puts the windows down and as the boot lid starts to lift it begins to tilt it to one side so I assume I have put the pipes in wrong but I have looked everywhere for a diagram of where the pipes are supposed to go but can't find one anywhere, can someone please please help me as I'm completely stuck

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,181 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry to have to ask but can someone take a close up picture of the top of their pump in the boot and tell me the numbers of the pipes and which hole they go in, I know the plates they go through are numbered and the pipes are numbered but not sure if I have put the wee gold plates the right way as there is no markings on the pump itself to say which way they should be and my roof is now completely stuck as I think the plates are not right which makes the pipes wrong and if possible could you send to my email at [email protected], I would greatly appreciate any help as this is my first ever convertible and I'm really at a loss and I so much want to be able to put my roof down (sun permitting) in my sexy little Slk

·
Premium Member 2001 SLK32 AMG
622 Posts
Thanks to all the people trying to help this lady, this community is awesome.

Maureen, if it is a case of simply moving the pipes around, a short trip to your local Mercedes Benz dealer will fix this problem (or even your local indy mechanic) for a minimal cost.

I'm just saying because you may end up keeping on trying new fixes yourself and never get your top down in the next few short months which would be tragic.

Thanks again to all the folks responding, you are awesome.

Happy SLK'ing

RLander

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi RLANDER, yes I would like to say thank you to everyone I really appreciate all the help yous have given me. I have now got a diagram of where each pipe should be and will try that and if after that I still does not work I will be going to my local Mercedes dealer as I really want my sexy little Slk to be able to put its roof down on the rare occasions we get sunshine in Northern Ireland, but thank you again everyone for all of your help and kindness

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
28,685 Posts
Efairs attachment

I've saved it into a different format.
Maureen, you Private Message Inbox is full and I was unable to send this to you as a photo.

If you use the quote button at the foot of a reply the original poster will be notified.
Alternately put @ immediately in front of their username.

eg for you I'd put @Maureen McCready

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.