Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2001 SLK 230 roof stop opening out of nothing ! The windows open,the motor sound working but the trunk do not open and the roof do not release fom the windshield bar. Any advise please ? next MB dealer is several hours away from home. Thanks, Franky Cordero:confused:

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,272 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and yr) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale and model.
usercp, edit your details, location/vehicle.

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

did u check the luggage cover in the trunk that it is latched?

If you haven’t, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you haven’t, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating for hosting and licensing fees to the site. Even $5 is welcome! Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
roof problem

im a newbie and not sure if this is the right place to post it. i have a 1997 slk and the roof wont open, it happen before but after a few tries it open. but now it wont open at all. windows go down and truck open just the roof wont open. need help.

thanks

·
97,272 Posts
slk666,

Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and yr) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale and model.
usercp, edit your details, location/vehicle.

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you haven’t, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating for hosting and licensing fees to the site. Even $5 is welcome! Thanks!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks from Puerto Rico ! Any advise about my roof ? I like to use my convertible with the top down around the beaches and now I can't, what a pain ! he,he,he...

·
97,272 Posts
frank, can u get into the trunk? is the luggage divider, up or down and latched securely

·
Registered
279 Posts
the roof opening system is quite complicated
usely , the lockers at the top of the windscreen get stuck.
you have to open the roof manualy ( see your SLK book)
and lubricate the rolls
the sensors also get stiff and have to be changed.
check in the boot, if the pump is leaking, or any pipe broken.

usely, you finish at MB dealer . . .

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The luggage cover is working properly, thats why the red button do not blink, the windows go down and the sound of the motor can be heared. Problem is tahe the trunk do not open and the roof do not be released from the windshield bar. :(

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
frankycordero and slk666,

The "motor" is actually a hydraulic system that is housed inside the trunk. The access panel location and basic instructions are in your "manual"... but, ***uming you have a R170, it's inside the trunk, on the right side. Check the hydraulic fluid level... While your in there, use the supplied tools to lower the roof manually. This will ensure the roof is functioning properly (without the hydraulics).

-Ronnie

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks again !

Look like needing liquid, also found that " somebody " took the tool for depresuring the pump ( probably at the MB dealer ), I tried with my allen set but none fits.:mad: So no luck for me yet.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just found the tool to unscrew the bolts, what kind of hidraulic fluid do I need ? can be found in Pep boys, Autozone or Western Auto ( Advance Auto ) ? As soon as I fix the problem will take a pic of my ride to post here. Thanks !!! Franky

·
Registered
130 Posts
Saludos, Franky desde Atlanta ... I too am a "boricua"; familia roots from Carolina and Ciales ... now most live in Carolina and Rio Piedras areas ...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
SALUDOS ! Boricua !!! Feliz despedida del 2009 y que el 2010 te traiga salud y alegrias. Yo vivo en el sur, Guayanilla, cerca de Ponce.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Greetings Franky ... pardon my "Span-glish" but I don't want us to offend anyone at "World" ... to help our fellows SLK'rs understand, one doesn't expect to run into many Latin Americans online and when we find one another we just gravitate to each other and our language "roots" ... same thing happens when we see each other "live" ...

Wishing Franky the best of the holiday season, espero que despidas el 2009 con sabor y seguridad y que el 2010 brings you mucha salud, amor and prosperity to you and your loved ones ... ciao,

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.