Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I will soon be getting a 2006 slk 280 and i really want to get rid of the stock rims and tires. I was just wondering if you guys can tell me how big can i go with the tires and rims without hurting my ride experience(also, not getting a new suspension for my new tires)?

Thank You All

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,223 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and yr) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale and model.
usercp, edit your details, location/vehicle.

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

'search' and ye will find!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you haven’t, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating for hosting and licensing fees to the site. Even $5 is welcome! Thanks!

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230 Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,093 Posts
Welcome to SLKWorld.
I don't know the answer to your question...I would have to do a search to find it too. LOL

Use the "search" button up in the "Blue Bar".

SLKman:tu:

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I will soon be getting a 2006 slk 280 and i really want to get rid of the stock rims and tires. I was just wondering if you guys can tell me how big can i go with the tires and rims without hurting my ride experience(also, not getting a new suspension for my new tires)?

Thank You All
I think the 17" or 18" rims will look nice but not any larger. You may be able to get a set of the OEM AMG multispoke 18" rims at a reasonable cost on ebay.

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:)For me, minimum 18". I prefer 19" for the look. Plenty of reasonable aftermarket wheels available. Check around and see what you like.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.