Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered 2008 SLK55 AMG
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

When I retract the roof, I have just noticed the left side plastic trim is not fully aligned (has a small gap). This is the section which is shaped like a "D", sort of folds in/out when roof goes up/down.

I have done a few searches on the forum, can't seem to find anything obvious. There is no rubbing or marks, just looks a little funny to me.

Nothing major, was just curious if this is common or not for these types of roofs? If you fiddle with it a little, the section can be adjusted and snaps into place.

Thanks for any comments.

Bucks. :)

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,198 Posts
normal to a degree. post a pic if u want to. they at least should both appear to be misaligned.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Those "D" panels are adjustable. They sometimes go out of alignment. And, it is very possible to have one, but not both, misaligned. The "D" panels are attached from below by "star" screws, and the best way to adjust them is to have the top partially up with the package shelf panels still raised somewhat so you can get to the screws without crawling in the trunk.

I had this problem once and fixed it in this manner. However, others have reported that other factors can cause misalignment. The adjustment would be the first thing to try.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Hello!

When I retract the roof, I have just noticed the left side plastic trim is not fully aligned (has a small gap). This is the section which is shaped like a "D", sort of folds in/out when roof goes up/down.

I have done a few searches on the forum, can't seem to find anything obvious. There is no rubbing or marks, just looks a little funny to me.

Nothing major, was just curious if this is common or not for these types of roofs? If you fiddle with it a little, the section can be adjusted and snaps into place.

Thanks for any comments.

Bucks. :)
Coincidentally Ive just had this rectified under warranty. Mine was only a little misaligned but I noticed every time I returned to the car.

The car was in for a software update for the gearbox computer (another story), so I mentioned it to the service manager whwn I took it in.

When it was returned the panel was a perfect flush fit, it was something to do with the stainless "wire" support below-needed a little tweak.

Incidentally, the gearbox needed a software update because every time I shifted into reverse from drive it didn't select reverse for 3-5 seconds. This resulted in a harsh engagement if you forgot and used throttle before reverse had engaged properly.

It's perfect now after it has relearned.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
When it was returned the panel was a perfect flush fit, it was something to do with the stainless "wire" support below-needed a little tweak...
Any idea how this was done? My left side D-flap/ears is also just a tad misaligned when the roof is retracted and takes just a small click to the side with the hand to align it.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Any idea how this was done? My left side D-flap/ears is also just a tad misaligned when the roof is retracted and takes just a small click to the side with the hand to align it.
Unfortuunately not.

Mine was like that, I could pop it into the right position by hand so that the steel loop "clicked" into the plastic receptacle very easily.

I got the impression that it only required simply bending slightly the steel loop part.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.