Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For members living in Southern Ontario it looks like Spring is nearly upon us...well the snow has stopped falling at least :laugh: unlike our cousins to the south residing on the Eastern seaboard :surprise:

It looks like the number of members in Southern Ontario is increasing as each year passes and yet we seemingly can't organize a decent get together due to everyone's calendar filling up and being committed to other causes. So just a thought about planning ahead and being committed for a get together.

I am sure there some great ideas from members for full day excursions, cars / coffee meets etc. Over the last couple of years we have had day trips to wineries in Prince Edward County for those living in the East, trips to the Niagara Region for those living in the GTA and the West side. We've had a few cars / coffee meets in the London area at RSP Motorsports (I think we'll be hitting that event in 2018); but there are other great things to do in the Southern half of the province where you can have fun with top down motoring and meet some wonderful and interesting people from this forum.

If any members new and old, are up for some pre-planning and being committed please PM me and lets see what we can do in 2018:grin:

Drive Safe and remember - Sun up ..Top Down :grin:

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
27,228 Posts
As a member who frequents UK meets I'd say that it is worth trying at least one.

Members are informative.
Talk is not all about cars.

Have a look at the threads on past events to get some idea of what happens.

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,404 Posts
And, from personal experience, it's almost impossible to pick something (or a date) that suits everyone... just pick a venue and date, and create a new thread with a meaningful title, and you will (hopefully) get people starting to say they'll attend (especially as you're clearly planning to give plenty of notice). :tu:

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
13,157 Posts
Just saw this today :surprise: Sometimes my tablet doesn't give me notice of new threads (highlighted symbol) so I missed it.

Always up for something but spring is still a long way off. Just checked temps for the next two weeks and we'll be lucky if we get into the low double digits.

One day 2 wk down the road it is supposed to get to +7oC and they still said there were supposed to be snow showers that day :mad:

So frustrating.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts