Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to order a plain old wind restrictor for an R170?? I do not want engraving or lighting, just an effective wind blocker. If so, what are the options and pricing?

TIA,

///Mike

·
Vendor
3,780 Posts
Right now you can use the following discount code for the clear and it will save you % off. Paul

Also, this version comes with a lifetime warranty. We stand behind the product 100%. Please contact me personally if I can help you in any way. [email protected]

This product is approximately 2-3 times thicker than others on the market. :tu:

Order right here >>> http://www.kingpennindustries.com/WindR/WRproductDetail.aspx?wrid=4
We have two versions. The first version blocks the main part of wind turbulence entering from the center of the roll bars. This is the most popular version that we sell. We also have a version 2 that blocks the area behind your seats as well. Again, they both bolt on and we do not use straps. Our solid mount minimizes vibrations.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the helpful reply, Stephen. For some reason it did not occur to me that "clear" meant unetched-- I thought it just meant untinted. I think I'd prefer the full width model but need to check the car carefully to see if I'm willing to lose an inch of seat travel.

Cheers,

///Mike

·
Registered
278 Posts
the large model is really very nice, and safe !
I tried it at 258 km/h , top down, in germany

as some other friends, lost there small model between the seats, the plexi flown inside at about 220km/h . . .

·
Vendor
3,780 Posts
Yes, the large version is very nice as well. The bottom of seat can still go all the way back so you would not lose any "leg room", however the seat would lean back on the glass so that would be where you would lose the inch approximately.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice, JFR.

Windrestrictor, do you guys have a showroom? Might be worth a trip to see your various offerings in person.

Thanks,

///Mike

·
Vendor
3,780 Posts
We do have a location in Garland Tx. However, we do not have much of a showroom it's more of a shop with a few offices. We do have a few products displayed and usually we will always have the SLK screens in stock. We make each project when it's ordered though so if you wanted to pick up an order we would need time to get the glass unwrapped and polished up for you. We are a small family business but because of the quality of my brother's products and our customer service we've managed to ship our products to over 40 countries so far. We would love to meet you if you are ever in the area. Let us know if you are coming by so that we do not miss you.

KPI Windrestrictor
333 S. Kirby St. #123
Garland Tx. 75042

Stephen

1 - 7 of 7 Posts