• Fort Wayne

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's get a feel for a good midwest half way point. Once we determine an approximate number of participants we can set a date. The cold weather is swift upon us. I can't see anything happening until the spring.

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
IND or STL are equidistant for me...so no worries either way. Do have to sat the Kemp museum in STL is a must for all MB enthusiasts. Think you would have to travel to the father land to do any better.

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Things to see in Indy:

Visit the Antique Automobile club of America museum
http://www.aacamuseum.org/visit/

Indianapolis motor speedway and hall of fame
http://www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com/facility/35204-Museum/

Restaurants featured on diners drive-ins and dives:

Steer-In Restaurant
5130 E 10TH St
Indianapolis, IN
*Steakhouse Soups
50-year-old diner making a classic Italian meatball sub from scratch.

The Tamale Place
5242 Rockville Rd
Indianapolis, IN
*a tamale spot loading homemade masa with everything from Mexican-spiced beef to apples with pecans

Zest Exciting Food
1134 E 54th St
Indianpolis, IN

Zydeco's
11 E Main St
Mooresville, IN
*a New Orleans native is scratch cookin' hometown favorites like jambalaya and blackened catfish

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was also looking into this hotel today, rated highly by yelp travelers. The average room with an e-saver price and promo code "night" will cost approximately $100 a night BUT I could always try to swing a discount. But you know we'll be drinking and eating that much at the free buffet and cocktail hour I'm sure. I know Im getting ahead of myself however this is just spit balling.

The Drury Hotel
*Free Hot QUIKSTART® Breakfast
Free 5:30 Kickback® - Hot Food & Cold Beverages
Free Wireless Internet
Free 60 Minutes of Long Distance
Free Soda/Popcorn in Lobby (daily 3-10 pm)
Free Local Phone Calls

And
Special Features

This is what free tastes like! Wake up each morning to a free Hot Breakfast! Take your pick from a selection of great breakfast items including scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy, sausage and make-your-own Belgian waffles. In the evening, join us at the 5:30 Kickback® for free hot food and cold beverages. Our rotating menu features a variety of hot food, including chicken strips, macaroni & cheese, hot dogs, baked potatoes, broccoli cheddar soup and more! Plus, beer, wine, mixed drinks and soft drinks are served everyday. There’s something for everyone at Drury’s 5:30 Kickback. It's a snack for some, meal for others and free for all!

Attachments

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will be reaching out to local hotels to swing block room rates and deals. There are SO many hotels to choose from in that area, they are all going to compete for our business.

I'll keep adding to this thread when more concrete information is at hand. I'm going to price check 3 local hotels and try to swing deals for us of course.

·
2007 SLK350 fastdawg
4,464 Posts
A hotel with a Bar is always good! I've stayed at a Drury several times, for me that should be fine or another hotel in the same class! But Drury is fine.

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've learned thanks to the Florida meet recently after a nice drive and all day outing that it's great to come back and hang in the common areas with an available bar and menu. This seems to suit that. But I've only just begun the research. I also pushed for a $79 room rate. We'll see ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts