Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife arrived home from picking up her (new to us) 2002 SLK32 AMG that she purchased from Alderson's MB in Midland, Tx.

It's a beautiful car and she says she can't believe it's hers and she has not stopped smiling since she picked it up.

IT IS A BEAUTY, just like my wife.

front left.jpg front right.jpg

front left topless.jpg front right topless.jpg

Peg in her new Mercedes.jpg

My wife has never owned a 'fun car', which I had to beg her to try this one. She has gotten constant comments on it since she got back on Friday. In two days I think she's had nine or ten people remark at how nice her car is.

SHE JUST LOVES IT.

The funny part is she travels about 60% and this morning I got up and took her to the airport to get on the big bird and fly to Denver for a week. So I have all week to clean it up for her and make it shine for when she gets back. And no, I NEVER drive my wife's car. EVER.

·
Fanatical Member
3,419 Posts
wallew, it's beautiful and she should drive it in good health! These cars bring out the "kid" in every one of us. She will be chomping at the bit all the while she is in Denver to return not only to her hubby, but her new toy!

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stinger,

Thank you. And you 'understated' Los Gato just a wee bit didn't you?

I mean we haven't lived there since '93 (last time we lived in the Bay area), but I don't even remember Los Gatos having a 'bad part of town' type of thing. IT was where all the rich folks lived that didn't like San Jose or Fremont.

And I hope you are right. That she enjoys THIS ONE for the next 5/10 years, at which point she will retire and will buy her last car. Unless they come out with flying cars or some such nonsense.

But hey, you just never know.

LOVE YOUR RIDE,especially the 'new' front fenders.

It's funny, I found a 2008 SLK350 with only 9000 miles on for like $30k and she did NOT like the way it looked - couldn't see around the front pillars for some reason and it was red, not her favorite color. Called it 'too arrowish' for her tastes. She just likes the classic look of the early ones. Plus she drove a SL55 and called it a 'man's car and brutish'. She said it had too much power for her and it felt 'heavy'. But she did say it would be a perfect car for me.

Right now I'm driving a 2007 Dodge Magnum Police Interceptor with the 5.7L Hemi in it and it's down right scary how fast it is.

S, again, thx. Love your SLK.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
frogfoot,

Thank you. AND I NEVER drive my wife's car. I could be taking it to get service as she requests from time to time while she's out. I could be sitting at a light stopped, minding my own business and then hit from behind by some bozo.

GUESS WHOSE FAULT IT WOULD BE?

Yeah, you guessed it. MINE.

About 9 years ago when she bought her brandy new 2005 Subaru Impreza Sport Wagon, I made a deal with her. I told her, 'I've driven the last twenty year whenever we go some place. How about for the NEXT twenty years YOU drive us around and I'll just be the navigator. She agreed. I do LOVE riding in her new SLK32 AMG though. It's one sweet car. And I'm glad she finally decided on this one. What a ride.

The only thing I've got to do while she's gone is to get some car washing soap, hand mitts, shammy's to dry it with. And then clean all the bug guts off of the front of it since she drove it 350 miles home.

It's funny, the speed limit on that portion of I-20 east is 75mph. She said the car just 'settled into' 80 mph and she just cruised home. She was a bit stiff after almost six hours behind the wheel, but we normally swap out driving chores every two hours when we are on any longer trips. That way neither of us is stiff when we get to where ever we are going.

This will be an interesting road car for sure. I do look forward to it.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Congratulations!!!

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Congrats - the car looks great. The R170 is such a great shape, and you can't beat a folding metal hardtop combined with a great engine.

I'm sure it will continue to keep a big smile firmly planted on your wife's face :)

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,246 Posts

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
rhartson,

My wife is down in SA a LOT on her job.

She likes the area a lot. We live in Keller, NW of Ft Worth.

Thx for the kudo's.

jim

1 - 11 of 11 Posts