Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2007 SLK350 fastdawg
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It actually came off in spite of the threats of rain, it stayed dry all day. Had a couple of really outstanding runs, the instructor said the car and myself performed very well. Even though I was running those heavy chrome 19 inch wheels. He was surprised buy how light and nimble the Dawg was on the 2.8 mile 21 turn track. So was I, I don't think could have pushed the Dawg any harder, the tires were screaming even though I was hitting the many turns correctly. Unfortuately the dashcam malfunctioned and I don't have any real good pictures from the track. I'm awaiting Autointerest.com to publish theirs, I know they will be good. Here's a couple, but they aren't anything much. The instructor invited me to ride with him during his turn on the track later in the day, but I respectfully decline as I had a 4 hour trip back home. Felt good that he invited me to ride with him though. I'll post better pictures once they become available. Since the dashcam failed, I may try Mid-Ohio again in Sept, it's a shame, because my second set of runs were very very good.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

·
2007 SLK350 fastdawg
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all, it was fun being on that track. With like 21 turns in 2.8 miles, you're very active/engaged the whole time. Every time you come out of a turn, you're immediately setting up for the next one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts