Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I wonder if any of DAS/STAR gurus can help me. Comand 4.7 (maybe earlier too) have option to turn on acoustic warning for personal POIs. It's awesome to warn you about certain devices on the road that intend to restrict your fun. The problem is that it's very loud and there is no way to reduce the "ping" volume. My last hope is that there is some hardcore way and maybe there is some setting available via DAS/STAR.

·
Premium Member
1,384 Posts
Much easier than that. In the file that contains your POI's the level of the warning is expressed as a value. You can set that value yourself only you have to do it with an XML editor or text editor. Replace this string:

Value="30"

with a value of 9 or so.

Within the engineering menu of your NTG you could also set the sound off completely. (HW setting - HW Parameter - POI Audio)

Another option (no sound, but still have the icon) is to change:

Level="warning"

with

Level="information"

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Much easier than that. In the file that contains your POI's the level of the warning is expressed as a value. You can set that value yourself only you have to do it with an XML editor or text editor. Replace this string:

Value="30"

with a value of 9 or so.

Within the engineering menu of your NTG you could also set the sound off completely. (HW setting - HW Parameter - POI Audio)

Another option (no sound, but still have the icon) is to change:

Level="warning"

with

Level="information"
I know one attribute in the XML is the distance on which the warning should appear. Default is 9 (seconds at current speed). I don't want to witch it off, the ping is very useful. It's just too loud.

Will test it today.

I only wish the system would be clever enough to warn on POIs only on my way, not a road next to me. Driving through central London is constant stream of "ping"s :)

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK200 ; DAS/STAR Reg'd Owner
281 Posts
Hello,

Is this possible in the NTG 2.5?

This would make the comand a perfect companion!

·
Premium Member
1,384 Posts
I know one attribute in the XML is the distance on which the warning should appear. Default is 9 (seconds at current speed). I don't want to witch it off, the ping is very useful. It's just too loud.

Will test it today.

I only wish the system would be clever enough to warn on POIs only on my way, not a road next to me. Driving through central London is constant stream of "ping"s :)
I haven't information on manipulating the distance from the POI to were the signal is delivered. I know that different NTG versions work with different distances. NTG4.5 R1 (yellowish menu) had a distance of 500 mtr without changes possible. My NTG4.5 R3 (silver menu, MY2013) works up to 200 meters.

The system is pretty stupid in regard that it doesn't take into account how you are moving. Only POI's in the road you're driving are of interest IF you are talking camera's. But if you are talking sightseeing, eating or anything else a wider range is of interest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts