Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am new to this forum. I have a 2006 SLK350 - Dark Metallic Blue with light beige interior. Nice. It has 17" 10-spoke rims front and rear. I've begun looking at Brabus and other vendors to dress this up a bit.
QUESTIONS:
1. What are the max front and rear rim - sizes (diameter and width) this car will take?
2. For the max rim diameter what tire profile must be used?
3. How much can the car be lowered for a given rim diameter? (For example, if I get 19 inch rims and a 1 inch lowering kit, will the body eat the tires?)
4. Does anyone have a recommendation for the best rims having black or dark colored spokes and center?

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Welcome to the forum from London via Houston.

I'm sure some of the experts will chime in, I'm running stock 18's on the '55 and stock 17's on the '350 with sports suspension.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Welcome....:)

You'll get some proper instructions from JBanks, in the meantime you might like to update your profile so people know where you're from and what your drive is. And the search engine is your friend..... Tons of knowledge on here.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Welcome MachoBunny.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Just filling in for Jbanks15 (as he's out-of-town):

"Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location and vehicle info in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale.
usercp, edit your details, location/vehicle.
If you have not, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you have not, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating for security updates and repairs to the site. Any amount is welcome! Thanks! "

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,649 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Thanks eddy!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,649 Posts
Don't cha love people that ask questions and never return for the answers?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.