Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally got a couple pics posted of my new toy. I just got to say that I have learned a lot from looking over some of the past threads and am about to start ordering parts like smarttop and chrome door pins and hood bonnet fins, you guys who post a lot really rock. ThanksY)

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
Get satin door pins, chrome wouldnt match the rest of the silver scheme in the interior. Congradulations on your new purchase!!

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Welcome rlbawk.

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
.....am about to start ordering parts like smarttop and chrome door pins and hood bonnet fins.....
:tu:Hi, welcome, beautiful SLK 55. Hood bonnet fins, are you referring to the aero wings on the hood? Unless someone removed them, you should already have them. The SmartTop is a great addition and well worth the money. Chrome door pins, many get them, no big deal for me. Enjoy your new SLK.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:tu:Hi, welcome, beautiful SLK 55. Hood bonnet fins, are you referring to the aero wings on the hood? Unless someone removed them, you should already have them. The SmartTop is a great addition and well worth the money. Chrome door pins, many get them, no big deal for me. Enjoy your new SLK.

The ones on the hood are satin and my aerowings are chrome as well as the wheels so I thought chrome on the hood would look more finished and match the rest of the car well.

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu:Now that makes sense. I removed my factory AMG multi spoke wheels shortly after purchasing my SLK 55. I've seen pics of the factory AMG wheels in chrome and they look much nicer and elegant.

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:)I only cleaned them once prior to replacement. The wheels look OK. I wanted something different. The cleaning time was a factor in my switch.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
lovely car good choice and welcome!!
i would recommend a set of 19's and clear front reflectors.
many many rims to choose from so make sure your happy with your choice.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Show you best wheels on black SLK

20' Iforged Technik

Dont go with something multispoke, i use that b4. Problem on cleaning

Hope you like this one

What you guys think ?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Mohammed,
you are right, 20'' is too much!
But I like the design of those rims. :tu:
And both rims, V8SLK's and lontong's, are drop-centre rims or how are they called?

@lontong: What's the make? I don't know "b4".

Attachments

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
Show you best wheels on black SLK

20' Iforged Technik

Dont go with something multispoke, i use that b4. Problem on cleaning

Hope you like this one

What you guys think ?
:DYour car looks great and I like the wheels. If they work without rubbing or issues, then good. If not, they're too big. Looks like super low profile tires. If you're happy, I'm happy.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.