Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picture thread Florida Meet Oct 28th 2017
We wish everyone to take numerous photos and on their return home to upload then into this dedicated picture thread.
Don't worry about uploading duplicates. We want a lot of pictures
If members are not premium or lifetime members and are limited to 10 mb of attachment space and do not want to use it up, please pm me and I will send you my email address and I will upload all your pics with credit to you with my unlimited attachments (see? a benefit of being a premium/lifetime member )

We prefer you upload the pics to the forum rather than use a hosting site like photobucket/Imageshack/onedrive/others because those site links will eventually disappear (not paying bill, etc) and we will have 'dead' links.

Next meet probably in April 2018

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,516 Posts
I'll let the pix speak for themselves...

If that isn't trouble I don't know what is. Jonkat (John), JEFFSLK (Jeff), Dave54 (Dave & Janie)

The Stuttgarter's (Frank & Bianca)

07_SLK (Luis & Maria)

Jet_fl (Justin & Cassie) that is a BMW polo shirt!

Jiminfl (Jim & Carol) Jim's eyes popped out at the bill!

More troublemaker's Tbrooker (Tom & Dawn), Viper1619 (Sid & Emily)

Mustbedreaming (June & Andrew) trying to add on the tip!

Padgett (Padgett & Ginger) brought his new blue SLK!

After dinner...

Rain? Did anyone see rain in the restaurant?

This meet was overflowing with totally enjoyable and absolutely awesome new friends and, of course, our old friends. You'd have thought we knew one another forever, all with a common bond...our SLKs!

Thank you to everyone that came, I needed to see your beautiful smiling faces! See you at the April 2018 meet in Lakeland!:x

Attachments

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
1,584 Posts
Yeah, April, Hope for no rain and My foot will be fixed by then!

You guys are Hard Core for completing this meet in the face of all the bad weather, very impressive.

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
27,303 Posts
Yeah, April, Hope for no rain and My foot will be fixed by then!

You guys are Hard Core for completing this meet in the face of all the bad weather, very impressive.
That's SLKers for you...Hard top = Hard core.

Looks like you guys had a good time, bad weather, or not. :tu:

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
11,800 Posts
I see Dave54 & Janie from Oregon made it to the meet. I wish we could have gone too!

·
96,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How did Dave get mixed in with the Floriduh people?! :D
He had to fly to Floriduh for a family get together so he also attended the meet in a non slk rental

·
Premium Member 2001 SLK320/2000 SLK230
2,719 Posts
Excuse please but "Floriduh" is for a Conch. "Florider" is proper for a native cracker.

ps anyone who thinks that was rain hasn't been in a proper frog strangler with 50 foot or less visibility

pps whoever came up with that "no flashers" law has to have a driver. (probably the same person who came up with the "do not use a turn signal to change lanes" law.

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
27,303 Posts
Excuse please but "Floriduh" is for a Conch. "Florider" is proper for a native cracker.

ps anyone who thinks that was rain hasn't been in a proper frog strangler with 50 foot or less visibility

pps whoever came up with that "no flashers" law has to have a driver. (probably the same person who came up with the "do not use a turn signal to change lanes" law.
Florida has a no indicator to change lanes law? Seriously?
Is the state over populated?
A little 'natural selection' going on maybe.

In the UK, we refer to Florida as Disney.
Even when folks are not actually going to Disney they still say that is their destination.

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK350
18,444 Posts
Made it back to Oregon, and have to say that meeting up and visiting with the SLK Florida Group was one of highlights of our trip. Janie and I both felt very welcome and only wish we had more time to visit with everyone. Of course it could have been made better if we had our 350 along for the ride.

Sorry to say the good folks of Florida may very well see us again. It is always fun to add a day or two at the start of a trip to visit with and make new friends. Just ask Lil Don, Janie and I try our best to make it down South at least once a year.

Again a big thanks to the Florida SLK Group for letting us crash your party.

·
96,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
MK says April! Nice to meet you!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts