Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I've just had confirmation from my dealer that my new SLC 43 has arrived on site, and I'm hoping to pick it up soon. Before I do, I was wondering if you could help answer a couple of questions?

I believe that the SLC 43 needs a limited slip differential oil change after the run in period is complete. Does anyone know if should be done free of charge by the dealer? There seems to be conflicting info.

Secondly, as the car is an AMG model, should I be keeping an eye out for any extra freebies / kit when picking the car up? I've seen people mention about an invite to the AMG Private Lounge, is this something I need to get when picking the car up?

Cheers

Sean

Attachments

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,906 Posts
Sean Congrats!

all you need to do about the AMC Private Lounge is register with your vin number
That should let you in

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm picking my SLC 43 up on Tuesday night so will check to see what they throw in. I'll also ask them about the slip differential oil change - I've not read anything indicating that it is needed which is surprising - I'm assuming it should be covered by the service plan, but will report back.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks very much folks.

I'm picking my SLC 43 up on Tuesday night so will check to see what they throw in. I'll also ask them about the slip differential oil change - I've not read anything indicating that it is needed which is surprising - I'm assuming it should be covered by the service plan, but will report back.
Cheers. Deciding on the service plan is why I'm trying to find out, seems expensive at £40 per month, but if the diff oil change is chargeable it's probably worth taking out.

Have fun picking up your new car.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks very much folks.

Cheers. Deciding on the service plan is why I'm trying to find out, seems expensive at £40 per month, but if the diff oil change is chargeable it's probably worth taking out.

Have fun picking up your new car.
Ok so they are checking on the slip differential oil change (they weren't sure if it was needed). In terms of stuff I got some cleaning products as part of the star guard treatment, the default merc medkit, and I also got a couple of freebies (umbrella and picnic blanket). Other than that nothing else physical thrown in.

On the service plan I think it is worth it financially - I'd certainly see if they'll give you a discount on it since you've just bought a very nice car from them (I got 2 years free).

·
Registered 2017 SL400
1,155 Posts
When I collected my SLK, I got a bottle of Champagne (real stuff) and a $200-00 gift voucher (Australia).

When my wife collected her current B class she was told to choose whatever she liked from their gift shop (UK).

We've had 4 MB from dealers and there has always been a gift and full tank of petrol ( it is all in the price :smile:).

I believe that if you buy any AMG (new) you also get a day at the AMG academy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok so they are checking on the slip differential oil change (they weren't sure if it was needed). In terms of stuff I got some cleaning products as part of the star guard treatment, the default merc medkit, and I also got a couple of freebies (umbrella and picnic blanket). Other than that nothing else physical thrown in.

On the service plan I think it is worth it financially - I'd certainly see if they'll give you a discount on it since you've just bought a very nice car from them (I got 2 years free).
Thanks for letting me know, how's the car?

There was a member of the forum The Lazy Slug who mentioned the diff oil change here. I've seen it mentioned elsewhere that dealers in the U.K. aren't too clued up about it as it's not very common across the whole range.

How'd you manage to agree two years free service plan, that's a great deal. Your negotiating skills must be a lot better than mine!

Cheers

Sean

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I pick up my new SLC 43 AMG today as well. I don't know if Iwill receive some freebies.Wait and see...

That's a really interesting car from someone who has only ever seen models and the UK brochure.

The wheels you have are only available in the UK with the "night package" but you have chrome exhaust trims so you don't have that and in the UK we get an Alcantara steering wheel with a red centrering strip as standard.

I love the wheels with that colour though. Even dirty and unprepared in the dealer's compound it looks MEAN.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for letting me know, how's the car?

There was a member of the forum The Lazy Slug who mentioned the diff oil change here. I've seen it mentioned elsewhere that dealers in the U.K. aren't too clued up about it as it's not very common across the whole range.

How'd you manage to agree two years free service plan, that's a great deal. Your negotiating skills must be a lot better than mine!

Cheers

Sean
Car is absolutely amazing - there were about 40 people all standing around talking last night in the dealership until I started the engine. Everyone went silent and just stared at her when she fired up! I test drove one before I bought but this was much better than the test drive. You're going to love yours as these are just fantastic machines.

Thanks for the link on the oil change - I'll send them the link if they don't know about it.

I waited until one of their 'VIP' sales event things before getting mine, as they tend to throw things like service plans in then - more a matter of timing than negotiating skills on my part I'm sure. If I didn't get it free I would 100% have signed up and paid for it, as it is financially slightly cheaper than paying for services when they are needed.

·
Premium Member 2018 SLC43
2,464 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I've just had confirmation from my dealer that my new SLC 43 has arrived on site, and I'm hoping to pick it up soon. Before I do, I was wondering if you could help answer a couple of questions?

Cheers

Sean
Nice looking car & picking it just in time for spring..!! :tu:

Be good to meet up at one of our Hampshire pubs, to check it out in person? >:D

Trev'

·
Registered
16 Posts
That's a really interesting car from someone who has only ever seen models and the UK brochure.

The wheels you have are only available in the UK with the "night package" but you have chrome exhaust trims so you don't have that and in the UK we get an Alcantara steering wheel with a red centrering strip as standard.

I love the wheels with that colour though. Even dirty and unprepared in the dealer's compound it looks MEAN.
The car should be prepared for this afternoon when I will pick it up, hopefully !

Each country has its own policy for the options. In Belgium, the Alcantara steering wheel is only foreseen when you choose the expensive option "AMG handling package" with the AMG differential and composite brakes.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
The car should be prepared for this afternoon when I will pick it up, hopefully !

Each country has its own policy for the options. In Belgium, the Alcantara steering wheel is only foreseen when you choose the expensive option "AMG handling package" with the AMG differential and composite brakes.
We get the P30 package as standard, so that's all included.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
So annoyingly the AMG driving experience webpage smallprint says that it is not free to owners of AMG 43 cars, so no driving experience for us it seems :(
I'm REALLY sad in that I download all the brochures for future reference and the AMG Driving Academy is in the January 2016 SLC brochure but is missing from the March 2016 brochure, so they obviously realised that it wasn't a real AMG and dropped that bit of the package.

It does seem like very poor form from Mercedes Benz. I take it that you have already collected your car and can't now haggle at all? I'm certainly going to sabre-rattle cancelling my INCREDIBLE deal if they don't sort me out an AMG Driving Academy day.

To be fair, I didn't get one with the 55 either.

·
Registered 2016 SLC43
303 Posts
I've asked 3 times about the driving day , all I've ever been told is " I'll see what I can do " considering the salesman lives in the same town as me and also drinks in the same pub , not to mention has another 2 customers in my street , I got bored with asking and pointed out all we got was the car delivered , no flowers or umbrella or any extras . They had the cheek to ask me for a glowing reference when Mercedes head office phoned up to check customer service !

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well I picked up the car today, but it was bit of a disappointment in the end. The dealer scratched the driver's side door during the handover. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, it's not a big scratch and on a normal car it would easily be touched up and buffed out. However, I opted for the matte paint, so a simple scratch caused by the dealer is probably going to need the whole door panel repainting to fix...

In addition, on the way back I realised that the dial that controls the Command menu screen isn't working correctly. So after a 6 month wait I'll have the car for a couple of days and then it's back to the dealer on Tuesday. They aren't sure how long it will take to sort.

Putting these issues aside however, the car looks, sounds and drives absolutely amazing. It's impressive how it goes from a fairly relaxed cruiser in comfort mode, to very loud and aggressive in sports plus. Almost feels like two cars for the price of one.

Finally, I did manage to convince the dealer that everyone else out there on SLK World were being treated to lots of great freebies, and got some chrome bonnet fins thrown in for my troubles.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts