Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picking up an SLK 350 in the morning... (now with added pics)

Hi All

I’m coming from a Honda S2000 which I am going to be very, very sad :( to see go. I’ve owned it for 5 years since new and it has been a dream of a car. On it’s 4 year service and MOT the dealer rang me up and said I need new front brakes (fine, they haven’t been changed since I bought the car) and he actually said this, “apart from that, it’s absolutely perfect…”

Anyway, in the morning I will be picking up an ‘08 SLK 350 in Cubanite Silver with Black Leather with Red Stitching, past that it seems to have every extra under the sun - It used to be owned by someone at MB HQ in the UK apparently. I can still turn it down (unlikely) as I haven’t seen it yet, and haven’t been able to locate another Mercedes in Cubanite silver to see in the flesh

So as long as everything checks out…

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Welcome from Atlanta and best of luck w/ the SLK, you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Have a great time with the new car. They are a lot of fun and the hardtop is ideal. I like it much better than the soft tops of previous cars. Congratulations!!!

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Welcome from London, and best of luck on closing the deal - it's a dream of a car - plus, you'll actually be able to fit things in the boot with the top down! ;-)

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
welcome from kuwait and congrats on your car.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Welcome from Arizona. That S2000 will fade from your memory.:)

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome Hermes from California.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Having just been where you are now, I wish you the very best and hope you have the satisfaction I had when I picked up mine (albeit an '05) last Thursday.

Good luck.

P.S. I had an ex-management Milton Keynes CLK and it had just about every option thrown in.

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230 Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,093 Posts
Welcome from Texas!
Enjoy your ride and post pics of it when you can.

SLKman:tu:

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan. Hope the deal works out for you!!! You will enjoy the SLK.....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.